Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both fobs are having issues opening the doors, trunk and starting the car.

What is the fix?

also how do you start the dam thing if the fob goes out?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,647 Posts
CR2025 battery. Can push the start button with the fob itself to get it close enough to read.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've always found that Mazda fobs have the worst battery life of any car I've encountered. I've already changed the batteries on mine and I've only owned the car for 10 months. My 2012 Fiat 500 is over 9 years old and I still have the original batteries in both fobs.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
I hear you Azzurro, to the point where I keep a spare CR2025 in the small centre console cubby "just in case".

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
737 Posts
I agree. And just about every post regarding key fobs and any unusual behavior was resolved with new batteries. Just consider it a regular maintenance issue, and realize that the car can be started and driven with a dead key fob battery. Just like any car nowadays with push button start. You have a "secret" key in the fob to let you unlock, and push the start button with the fob to start...good to go....I think this piece of information should be on the front cover of any new car operator's manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just checked my volts. I am pulling 3.03v

so, it’s not the battery. I have another key fob I will try.

my 2nd question is if the key fob goes bad, how do you start the car with the key?

·
Registered
137 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts