Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was driving to the Lake District at the weekend and the car was performing really well when all of a sudden the spanner dash light appeared.

The car was only serviced 5 weeks ago so oil is new.

Any ideas what might be going on ? hoping it's just a false alarm.

I've one of those OBD diagnostic things, would that reveal anything further ?

Car still driving fine just wondering what it might be !

TIA,
Mike.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The orange spanner is not a fault light, so you won't be seeing codes via OBD2. As nikiz2 said, it's a service reminder. Possible whoever changed your oil did not reset the reminder.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Simple reset Mike, through the menu system in the infotainment, 2 minute job.
Can you expand on this? I have a spanner too, for no apparent reason and can't find where to clear it - Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
I recall it being in the systems menu somewhere, but it’s a while since I did it, I know it didn’t take long. There is also a solution further up this thread, ignition on and press the accelerator pedal three times in quick succession.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi,

Was driving to the Lake District at the weekend and the car was performing really well when all of a sudden the spanner dash light appeared.

The car was only serviced 5 weeks ago so oil is new.

Any ideas what might be going on ? hoping it's just a false alarm.

I've one of those OBD diagnostic things, would that reveal anything further ?

Car still driving fine just wondering what it might be !

TIA,
Mike.
Tyre rotation change due?

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,344 Posts
Some cars need to be reset through infotainment and the three full depressions of throttle within ten seconds methods. Likely only the infotainment reminder was spent and reset at time of oil change. I have no idea why they didn’t synchronize them from the factory!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have done the 3x gas press and got rid of the spanner from the main dial cluster, but it is still showing in application page

I can see no reason for the spanner in the Maintenance page - I have been through all the opitions I can see, changed service interval warning etc, but it still won't go away ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Maybe it's calling attention to the typo of the word tire. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Kentsmudger

·
Registered
478 Posts
So, today I looked in the Applications screen, to have another bash at clearing the spanner, and it has gone. I did not do anything to it since I posted last, except drive it - Maybe it just needed to be power cycled a few times?

@124Scottish Abarth - You just have to adjust your settings as per below 😜

Reactions: 124Scottish Abarth

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,344 Posts
I have done the 3x gas press and got rid of the spanner from the main dial cluster, but it is still showing in application page

I can see no reason for the spanner in the Maintenance page - I have been through all the opitions I can see, changed service interval warning etc, but it still won't go away ?

Seen that it is gone, but I found that even when the reminder is “off” it still counts down from wherever it was when it was on. So turn on all the reminders, reset them all, and then shut off the one not used. Also the spanner and scheduled reminder don’t sync for some reason. You will always have to use three pump for the spanner, and the infotainment for the scheduled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts