Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Website has black only (ordered one tonight); not sure if red will happen as they'd have to buy paint (that is good for only one car). I'd hate to buy a red one and not have the shade match.

Even if they bought paint matching color perfect is tricky. I bought a painted truck cap once and the guy had like 5 sample paint chips of "GM black" he used to match it. And this was black!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Actually, the website has a choice between red and black. You should look again if you want a red one. Just ordered one (in black because it better matches my car). Be sure you're looking at the 124 products.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Even if you get a red one, the antennae base will still be black.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That's partially why I opted for Black - too many mis-matched segments. Although on a Red 124, the red antenna should look good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm they must have restocked; I couldn't add one last night and the message was a bit cryptic why (said "unavailable" vs. out of stock). I see that I can add one now.

Actually, the website has a choice between red and black. You should look again if you want a red one. Just ordered one (in black because it better matches my car). Be sure you're looking at the 124 products.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Depending on the stations signal strength reception with the stubby may be less quality than the oem antenna. My local stations come in with the same quality as the oem. it looks much better than the oem. For now 90% of my listening on on Serius.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts