Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone from North Carolina!!

Currently drive a 2010 Miata PHRT 6 spd but ready to get something a lil newer. This is just a weekend car and wont be driven a lot.....which kinda sucks!!

Anyway, my only real need for the Spider to be a manual and other than that I dont really care, guess I am pretty simple.

So here's some numbers I have gotten so for.

2019 Classica MSRP $26,685 I can get for $20k even.
2019 Abarth MSRP $31,900 I can get for $25k even.

Anyone seen any better prices out there? I wouldnt mind the Lusso with but it seems they are just as much as the Abarth and if that is the case I rather have the Abarth.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hi and Welcome...Can't help with prices as I'm UK based, however.....looking at what you have written, you just want to drive it and enjoy, not mod or track it, so, as the Spider production is about to end hence the prices you quote, and as the price difference there is so small between Abarth and Lusso models....Style / Looks seems to me to be what you may want to consider; The majority of US based members I have spoken with through these threads seem to favour the, "Abarth" as it makes more sense dollar for dollar and you get all the Brembo,LSD, Blistien goodies and options. The threads here are full of great advice...
Good luck with finding "Your" ride. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
124s are dirt cheap. Get a low low milage Abarth Either 2017 or 2018 for less than 24k

fiat didnt bother updating the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with minidreamcar. I drove a lusso and then abarth, and as soon as I was done with the test drive I booked the abarth. The ride is more sportier, it's bumpy loud and fun, just how a roadster is supposed to be. One thing I regret is not getting the brembo brakes optioned. I got a used 2019 with 8k miles abarth for 23k, with convenience group and white pearl options There is a navigation chip sd card on ebay for 40 bucks so I didnt think it was necessary to have navigation, and default speakers are good enough if you max the treble and bass. There was one abarth in Toyota, fort worth, Tx full optioned for 25k 2018, less than 100 miles, look into that if it's still there, that was my second choice. Good luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree too, and you depending on your preferences you could buy either or them because the performance is pretty similar. Unless you want the LSD that you should definitely get the Abarth

·
Registered
44 Posts

Currently drive a 2010 Miata PHRT 6 spd but ready to get something a lil newer. This is just a weekend car and wont be driven a lot.....which kinda sucks!!

Anyway, my only real need for the Spider to be a manual and other than that I dont really care, guess I am pretty simple.

Anyone seen any better prices out there? I wouldnt mind the Lusso with but it seems they are just as much as the Abarth and if that is the case I rather have the Abarth.
Those aren't bad prices, Fullerton Fiat in New Jersey has a white Abarth with black and red interior listed at 36k for 29k.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am still debating on what to do......not unusual for me LoL!!

I got that Abarth down to $23k OTD but still not sure if I wanna spend that kind of money on a car that will not be made after this year and also it will just site in the garage most of the time. But I am seeing around $10k off MSRP on quite a few of them. So if your looking to buy, look hard and you will find the deals!

·
Registered
605 Posts
...I got that Abarth down to $23k OTD but still not sure if I wanna spend that kind of money on a car that will not be made after this year...
I am not sure that it won't be made after this year... As I understood it, they said that the 124 would be available for the 2020 model year, but they haven't said anything about 2021 and beyond.

FCA is in a state of flux with the PSA merger going on. God knows what will happen after that. I just hope that Fiat and Alfa Romeo survive it. I think that they will, mostly because Carlos Tavares is a real car guy.

Go with the Abarth... That's cheap money, I paid full sticker for mine, (less incentives) and I still have no regrets.

·
Registered
34 Posts

If you're willing to extend your search nation-wide, there's no doubt that you should be able to score an Abarth for upwards of $10K off MSRP. There are droves of Spiders sitting on dealers' lots who are eager to sell them. In fact, some new Spiders are even appearing on the auction block because some Fiat dealerships either lost or gave up the brand. The only downside to an auction vehicle is they're considered pre-ownded, which means the warranty clock has already started ticking. No worries, as Fiat offers extended warranty programs that are very reasonable. For instance, I just purchased a certificated pre-owned 2017 Abarth with 2,700. In addition to the certification, I was able to purchased a full bumper-to-bumper warranty from Fiat (not some fallacious third-party company) that goes out an extra five years for $800.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I am still debating on what to do......not unusual for me LoL!!

I got that Abarth down to $23k OTD but still not sure if I wanna spend that kind of money on a car that will not be made after this year and also it will just site in the garage most of the time. But I am seeing around $10k off MSRP on quite a few of them. So if your looking to buy, look hard and you will find the deals!
The won’t be made after this year is in the UK. Last time I checked they’re still planning for it to continue in the states. Where in NC are you located?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts