Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We met a neighbor today while walking Shona (Shona is a Scottie, naturally). He always refers to my 124 as "the itibity Fiat" and he mentioned that he will be getting his Porsche Panamera out of storage and putting it in his newly built garage. (He seems to believe the Panamera is built on a 911 chassis but I thought it impolite to tell him that was total BS.) Jokingly I said we would have to have a race and he told me the top speed of the Porsche. I got the impression he was a slightly shocked when I told him the 124 could "only" do about 134mph with its tiny engine :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The panamera is very fast but it's looks are hidious.

I prefer my Abarth 124 to the panamera.

It is like having a gorgeous curvy lady against a flat chested female athlete on steroids 😜

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thinking to myself how many spiders one could buy vs the Panamera.
I was thinking the same thing while I was talking to him and the 124 is still light-years ahead for entertainment value. (I only paid $17,500 for mine with 500 miles on the clock.)

I told him he would easily beat me on a straight road but he'd have no chance if there were any bends :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The panamera is very fast but it's looks are hidious.

I prefer my Abarth 124 to the panamera.

It is like having a gorgeous curvy lady against a flat chested female athlete on steroids 😜
Given a choice between a Panamera and my long gone Vanagon, I'd go with the Vanagon (which was a lot closer to a 911 than the Panamera.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well that's just silly. Admittedly they are similar in many respects but Ford doesn't even make a convertible F150.

:)
Oh I see sorry my bad. I was thinking specifically of the F-150 Eco boost Turbo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts