Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member of the 124 Spider Facebook group posted these photos. It is a vinyl wrap job.

The yellow around the lower intakes and on the air dam add the perfect accents IMO. I imagine adhering vinyl to that matte plastic surface took some doing.

Yellow and black is a striking yet obvious combination. Fiat should have offered something like it from the factory.

Looks totally bitching!

Judging by the rear fascia, looks like a Classica or Lusso with an Abarth front clip.

·
Registered
2020 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
56 Posts
That is hot!! Wouldn't have thought yellow would look good on the spider but you proved me wrong.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like they forgot to wrap the tail light inserts. Looks good in red, though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love my red but if I had to buy black, I would've definitely wrapped in yellow.

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
778 Posts
love this. wonder what the total cost was........

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
152 Posts
Good question. The poster didn't say.

Doesn't look cheap, tough.
A good wrapping job can cost $3,000 plus on a small car. The real question to ask is, how much will it cost to remove it a few years from now. The local wrap shop says it often costs more to remove, without damage, than it cost in the first place to install. Removal is very labor intensive. Some glue material is easier to remove than others. That glue can be a total PITA to remove from the paint. I had 2 interior trim pieces on my SUV that were 3M wrapped. I got guidance from the shop, and it took me forever to get all the glue off. I DO love this Abarth in yellow!

Reactions: Magoffin and Aldo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks awesome! Wrapping the lower air intakes definitely sharpens up the look. Colour is more orange than yellow to my eye (probably the sun). Often thought orange/black or yellow/black would look awesome on this car actually. Especially orange with carbon fibre roof.

I‘m at least going to get my heritage pack wrapped one day soon because the paint swirls are driving me crazy...

·
Registered
778 Posts
A good wrapping job can cost $3,000 plus on a small car. The real question to ask is, how much will it cost to remove it a few years from now. The local wrap shop says it often costs more to remove, without damage, than it cost in the first place to install. Removal is very labor intensive. Some glue material is easier to remove than others. That glue can be a total PITA to remove from the paint. I had 2 interior trim pieces on my SUV that were 3M wrapped. I got guidance from the shop, and it took me forever to get all the glue off. I DO love this Abarth in yellow!
thanks for that. i think over 2k is beyond my price point. and hadn't considered cost to remove. Have always assumed i could just peel off my heritage stripe wrap. was 600 for that front and back. but man does that yellow and black look good

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,282 Posts
My entire wrap was $2400. The guy that came over last weekend has had his Spider wrapped 4 times and pulled it all himself with a heatgun like they use to put it on. There is some glue residue here and there but it rubs up with your fingers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think I'd go for a quality re-paint.

Reactions: HCKLV

·
Registered
2017 Classica
124 Posts
I love the look of that car. As a kid I saw a yellow TR-7. As maligned as it was, I fell in love with that car and it’s yellow and black color scheme. I’ve got to say, that wrap job is a thousand time more appealing on a Spider...so nice!

·
Registered
2020 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth 6MT, no mods yet
17 Posts
While not a color I would choose for myself, it does look fantastic! Maybe when I have had mine for a few years a wrap will be the way to go. For now just looking at getting ceramic coat.

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
41 Posts
A member of the 124 Spider Facebook group posted these photos. It is a vinyl wrap job.

The yellow around the lower intakes and on the air dam add the perfect accents IMO. I imagine adhering vinyl to that matte plastic surface took some doing.

Yellow and black is a striking yet obvious combination. Fiat should have offered something like it from the factory.

Looks totally bitching!

Judging by the rear fascia, looks like a Classica or Lusso with an Abarth front clip.

View attachment 84277

View attachment 84278

View attachment 84279

View attachment 84280
Placement of the fender emblem stands out more than the yellow lol...
What would become of me if I wrapped all the cars pictured in your "Can a car be art" thread?
Why is our spider different and the paint so easily covered up with vinyl?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I made lots of renders in last year and bright yellow is one of the best. Right now I'm between selecting dark green or bright yellow. There some nice colors in-between.. Tough choice.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts