Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pleasure of spending some quality driving time with a number of 124 spider owners this past weekend.

I was the only new spider but they were 124s none the less ....so I think it counts!

Started early Saturday AM just north of Boston to be able to meet up with folks north of Mount Washington Valley in Gorham about 8:00

Rolled through Franconia Notch at 6:35 AM

Met up with 12 124s and 2 500x's

Drove south from Gorham area along 2 east then down through Evans notch road, where the obligatory breakdown of a '72 spider delayed us a bit until we figured out the issue.

over Hurricane mountain road to N. Conway,

then west side road

to the Kancamagus and across to Lincoln for lunch.

Lots of nice views and some very pretty roads!

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Next time you do something like that, please let me know. I would have joined you!

·
Registered
278 Posts
During my cycling days I aspired to ride the 6 Gaps. Never did.
Now I'm looking to drive them. Some day.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time you do something like that, please let me know. I would have joined you!
Hey there, yeah, sorry, I really only found out about it on Wednesday. and as such only had Sat available.
Had to leave from home at 10 minutes of 5 in the morning to make sure I would get there on time.
They were up there the whole weekend, for the 13th year of a get together.

I guess usually their get together is more VT. oriented, they mentioned next year is likely out of the Rutland area.
I am now on a mailing list so as I hear anything I will certainly share.

The informal group of friends contains folks from CT, VT, NH and ME with the folks
doing the planning from Lewiston and Bath areas I believe.

J

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fantastic! I LOVE the orange one that broke down... a metallic orange would be fantastic for the current model.

Did they make the driver of a 'new' Spider welcome? Or were they a bit elitist?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic! I LOVE the orange one that broke down... a metallic orange would be fantastic for the current model.

Did they make the driver of a 'new' Spider welcome? Or were they a bit elitist?
Yes, right away I was welcomed into the group, Everyone was so nice and just wanted to talk and enjoy Fiats it was a great time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts