Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the front/rear splash guards? How do they look on the car & is it worth it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Although its a bit extreme for some people here, anyone interested in the Rally Armor splash guards?

The right wheel and tire set can go a long way in making it suit an individuals 124.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I do like the idea of more substantial mudguards/stoneguards. I had some larger mudguards on my old Fiat with a 'FIAT' logo (NOS from the 80's).

I might just get some to try out and see how they look...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Although its a bit extreme for some people here, anyone interested in the Rally Armor splash guards?

The right wheel and tire set can go a long way in making it suit an individuals 124.
I agree with the comments in regards to the photo, but buying the custom version and making them shorter and further in could provide some great protection and look much better on the 124. Lots of chip seal roads around my area and a little more protection would be great. A two step process to get them to fit perfect, but worth it I think.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, spring mud season has arrived up at our camp so I bit the bullet on the mopar flaps and gave a go at installing on my Abarth. As a previous poster stated, the rears can be made to fit with a little effort and some Dremel surgery. For those that maybe wanting to do this I've attached a few pics that document the process outlined below:

1) Basically you position the flaps where you'd like them to fit on the car (lift them higher so the molded in depression falls within the wheel well).

2) Trace the new fender line once you have things lined up to your satisfaction (I used yellow grease pencil to lay things out as seen in pic #3).

3) Cut back the plastic inside the yellow marks. This just takes some patience and finesse as it wouldn't be difficult to cut all the way through (which I did in a spot, but not visible once installed.

Then follow the provided directions to complete the install. If done with care, no one will know you had to do some minor surgery on your flaps to make these fit!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts