Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,
I posted this in the Motorsport discussion however I’ll save that thread for actual track days and results :) . The build itself I’ll update here .

Few changes in store for the year . Decided to purchse a white manual abarth to build vs the classica . Parts have started to come in and more on the way with the first track session scheduled for March 31st ( now just Patiently waiting for fed ex & ups to start Arriving .

As for the shoes this year I’m trying out federal fz201 semi slicks 235 40 17 on 17x8 TR Ff10’s ( on my scale came in st 17.4 ) pounds Not bad and they look great .

Also trying out the federal fz101 full slick on Konig hypergram’s 17x9 240 all around .

Coil overs , I went with Kw Clubsports. I’ve always been a huge fan & excited to try them on this platform . Only downside is they were suppose to be here Friday but there were issues with kw inventory , now I’m waiting for new ones to be built and shipped from Germany ( 2 week eta ) . Soo I have 1 week to slap them on and get a proper corner balance in time.

Ok I’ll stop rambling here and post again next week when more goodies arrive /forum/images/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_smile.png . Here are some pics of the wheels and tires. One good thing about the KW’s being delayed is that I had an easy day loading and driving the wheels/tires around.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks great so far.
Looking forward to more pics as the build progresses.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was finally dropped off by transport today . Here are some pics, love the styling of the car and very happy with the color choice ( was hesitant at first ) My house is also backed up to the Angeles National forest & right down the street is a canyon that rarely has any traffic due to the freeway & ultimately leads to Angeles crest hwy. great place for a quick escape and some twisties

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More goodies arrived today . Kw clubsport coil overs - early surprise from Germany ??. Wasn’t expecting them for another week. Willwood BBK 6 front and 4 rear , custom Floor seat brackets for side mount seats . I’m 6”1 and need to be able to clear the roll bar that’s going in without stressing about it so will need to go low on the seats ( more to come on the seat choice and height . Hint - keeping it Italian :) , or maybe Japanese . Still slightly undecided .

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to install the Clubsports this weekend , one of the sparco seats and Run my version of a first heat cycle on each set of tires fine tuning the suspension .

With the sparco evo 2 seat and pro car innovations seat mount I was able to get my seating position an inch and a half lower and once I removed the pad ( which I will be doing on the track ) got 3” lower then oem ? huge win for me and my peace of mind clearing the roll bar to come .

The club sports are extremely easy to adjust , and the car felt ridiculously planted on both sets of tires

Wheel & tire fitment:
Tr ff10 17x8 with an et40 on 235 40 federal fz201 semi slicks sat very flush and no rubbing at all under load and turning / going up drive way. The were under a pound .6 to be exact heavier then oem wheels and tires .

The konig hyper gram 17x9 et45 oh 240 Federal fz101 slicks also sat very flush with no rubbing but Came in a whole 2 pounds lighter then the tr wheels and 1.4 pounds lighter then the oem set up. The difference in steering response was pretty drastic for a 2 pound difference . I can attest that this car really does respond well to decreasing sprung weight .

Both tires were amazing as I ran them 15 minutes each with really digging into to the last 4 minutes and they didn’t make a sound . ( I think it’s tike for more power :) )

Enjoy the pics and more wrenching to come this upcoming week. The following weekend will be the cars first debut at a track event . Can’t wait

·
698 Posts
Looking great! Going to enjoy this one.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SPARCO 6pt harnesses arrived today �� & a week out from the cars first track day. A lot more wrenching to come in the next week .

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful car. Beautiful pictures!
Thank you. It just got unbeautiful over the weekend as prep began to instal the roll bar coming in a few days :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Wow...this is cool. Subscribed!

aloha

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Euro compulsion Phase 1 Tune is on 🙂 the car is Alive and feels amazing !!! Pro car innovations low seat rail. Blackbird fabworx roll bar 👍 . But again let’s talk about this hand held and tune from EC . Super easy to program , stores 5 tunes & the power is incredible . Extremely linear & does not feel aftermarket. It’s fast & perfect IMO. Exactly what the car needed .
Thank you to the EC team for the research , technical expertise & making one **** of a product . I am grinning from ear to ear when i drive the car now .

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looking great mate, I hope that you are enjoying the tune! I really like the white on black... very nice.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Euro compulsion Phase 1 Tune is on 🙂 the car is Alive and feels amazing !!! Pro car innovations low seat rail. Blackbird fabworx roll bar 👍 . But again let’s talk about this hand held and tune from EC . Super easy to program , stores 5 tunes & the power is incredible . Extremely linear & does not feel aftermarket. It’s fast & perfect IMO. Exactly what the car needed .
Thank you to the EC team for the research , technical expertise & making one **** of a product . I am grinning from ear to ear when i drive the car now .
How was the fitment of the roll bar?
Also were templates included for trimming or was it left up to you to figure out?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SPARCO 6pt harnesses arrived today �� & a week out from the cars first track day. A lot more wrenching to come in the next week .
Did you check weight difference stock vs sparco seats? I wonder is there big weight saving opportunity?
The standard scale I had around the house wouldn’t read it 🙈. Need to get a fancier one . The seat is super super light but the oem seats also aren’t very heavy . For sure it’s lifter but by how much is a great question. I’ll get a scale and remove one to test out in the next few weeks . I’m curious my self 🙂

That looks amazing!
How was the fitment of the roll bar?
Also were templates included for trimming or was it left up to you to figure out?

The bar fitment is Phoenominal lines right up with factory mounts and then you need to drill a total of 12 holes . There were some pictures included of how they did it but really had to eye it and measure . The plastic trimming . Pretty easy if you have the Proper drill bits & any power tool that can be used as a trimmer for plastic

1 - 20 of 220 Posts