Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

261 - 280 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Keep the mods up and soon you’ll reach 1:49.

what cars there break 1.50?
no one today. The replica of the Goodwin hyper Miata with the motor swap was doing 51 on slicks . Pro driver w race team Porsche gt3 all set up also the same . Serious power and aero required to get there. I think this chassis can do it with more power . I’m going for low 50s. you’ll understand when you drive this track when you’re out here , even getting where we are now is mind boggling lol

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I can’t even have my phone in the car .
it will end up who knows where 😂
I bought a solo 2 . It’s the best thing I’ve purchased . We were able to overlay two laps today and see exact speeds for the two drivers around each part of the track and figure out where to improve . Get this.
He ran a faster lap time then me by nearly a second But when looking at data I had a faster corner entry and faster corner exit by 7-9 miles at every corner . But on the straight away ... he would go faster then me by 5-8 mph .... how if we’re both floored and on the straight ?

we then realized , I am entering the corners and revving high into 3rd gear , and he’s doing it in 4th ,each Corner I was faster in and out and carried more speed but that shift lost me time while he realied on the torque this damn @eurocompulsion stuffed turbo makes and4th gear pulled him away . After the main sunrise entrance , he is in 4fh until crosses finish line and I’m shifting . 3 other areas same story .
in conclusion , my times coming down more since I’m already faster in the areas that are more difficult and Matter, but clearly that shift point On the straight is a killer .
Love data , super eye opening
Shows how amazing this stuffed turbo is. The cars today were killing them selves trying to get lap times we were doing easily over and over .
Hey I found out why your speed down the straights might not have been as good as the other driver. 🤣
http://instagr.am/p/B4nUGe_hFCo/

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Hey I found out why your speed down the straights might not have been as good as the other driver. 🤣
http://instagr.am/p/B4nUGe_hFCo/
If anyone needs Work done , or alignment in so cal ... Sean is your guy. He set up my turbo injectors e85 corner balanced and aligned and came out today to make sure the car was dialed in 🤙.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
no one today. The replica of the Goodwin hyper Miata with the motor swap was doing 51 on slicks . Pro driver w race team Porsche gt3 all set up also the same . Serious power and aero required to get there. I think this chassis can do it with more power . I’m going for low 50s. you’ll understand when you drive this track when you’re out here , even getting where we are now is mind boggling lol
you can do it! With enough practice on that track, and a bit more power and a bit more grip, I’m sure you’ll one day break 150 :) good temps of course too

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Pretty sure the Camaro 1le can too
I still don’t know of a ctr that has broken the 50 barrier . We’ll see about the corvette but doubtful . Will take some wild modding . Camaro, I don’t think there’s any chance that’s happening . I could be wrong but doubt it . Sub 50 is a wholllee different category of car . Look at good wins hyper Miata And you’ll understand what it takes to go that fast . Low to mid 50s is blistering fast around that track that most will never see because of what you actually have to do to get there .

·
Registered
954 Posts
I still don’t know of a ctr that has broken the 50 barrier . We’ll see about the corvette but doubtful . Will take some wild modding . Camaro, I don’t think there’s any chance that’s happening . I could be wrong but doubt it . Sub 50 is a wholllee different category of car . Look at good wins hyper Miata And you’ll understand what it takes to go that fast . Low to mid 50s is blistering fast around that track that most will never see because of what you actually have to do to get there .
Riding the edge of insanity!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Chain was trolling, but yes, the CTR/1LE/C8 will all have better capabilities than the 124 at some point. They are extremely good cars. They also cost a lot more but are entirely focused on better lap time performance.
The car that will surprise you first will probably be a well-driven CTR, they are more common than the other two.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
do you have an ultimate goal for the coming years? Say, 1:52?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Riding the edge of insanity!
That is basically what it feels like . Perfect way to put it. I was falling asleep last night on the couch having panic flashes / waking up of what was happening on track that day and what I need to do next week 😂

most of those cars are too heavy to be thrown around a few of the technical sections the way the 124 can be. And I can carry that momentum with the power we have now through the long straights. And as good as those other cars are they struggle with overheating and other issues . We burned through two tanks gas yesterday of full throttle with two drivers , and the car ticked like a Swiss watch the whole time ( knock on wood but absolutely no issues ) . Gearbox felt great , slight mooshiness after a good 5-6 hot laps but nothing major ( I shouldn’t be doing that many laps back to back flooring it, but I have been , and the car handles it like a champ. again , as Phil said you have to ride the edge of insanity to get these results but all the drivers that are accomplishing these Low times Are really seasoned and have quite the work done. the fact that I’m getting these times with my limited experience there I know the car has a 153 in it . my goal was to get under 2 , that’s all I really cared about 😂. All else is just a cherry on top

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Thanks to my sponsor @depotdan the willwood kit is on in the rear and my braking problems are a thing of the past. My rear right oem caliper had some sort of an issue. had very little oil in that caliper and it was only my rear right locking up ( patching on tire )

255 are on and barely fit but closed the stretched gap nicely , would deff need the wide body if I went to a 275 square . Slight scraping under full turn up front but it’s not damaging anything . Canyon shakedown coming to confirm , but just from some 80-10 stops, brakes are biting hard with the og feel I’ve been craving and missing 👏👏👏 thank you @Phillip33 & @depotdan
4 days to superlap battle , some other changes perhaps come before then :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks to my sponsor @depotdan the willwood kit is on in the rear and my braking problems are a thing of the past. My rear right oem caliper had some sort of an issue. had very little oil in that caliper and it was only my rear right locking up ( patching on tire )

255 are on and barely fit but closed the stretched gap nicely , would deff need the wide body if I went to a 275 square . Slight scraping under full turn up front but it’s not damaging anything . Canyon shakedown coming to confirm , but just from some 80-10 stops, brakes are biting hard with the og feel I’ve been craving and missing 👏👏👏 thank you @Phillip33 & @depotdan
Ooooh you've got the 052s. Sneaky! Let me know what you think of them. I have my eye on them to replace the Direzza ZIIIs. Can't wait to see your results.

·
Registered
954 Posts

Hopefully the wilwoods did the trick.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Ooooh you've got the 052s. Sneaky! Let me know what you think of them. I have my eye on them to replace the Direzza ZIIIs. Can't wait to see your results.
Everyone else that’s ran them has dropped times significantly . Even the guys installing them were excited to see the tires . Few more days , but will get at least one canyon heat cycle in before and give impressions

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #278 (Edited)
Hopefully the wilwoods did the trick.
I’m pretty certain that was the trick. My oem system had some issues for sure . I’ll keep my fingers crossed for full test , but I know how the other system felt under full braking force , and this is now feeling like my old 6 piston / 4 piston set up

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
new splitter is on , mounting bigger side plates today, pulled the gearbox Fluid after a good 4K miles , most track use , and diff fluid . The shavings were much better from when I first pulled the fluid ( attached both pics ) I’m using the mt90 gl4 redline fluid and added quart of lightweight shockproof from redline . Seems thick and really Coates compare to the oem oil. My diff fluid was completely black, slight shaving on the metal screw, excited to have @XtremeRevolution analyze the oil and let me know what he sees. Any way , last few finishing touches and off to a full weekend of racing .
There are 36 drivers from 20 states as they have combined street class for awd, rwd and fwd so I’ll be stacked against the best build time attack cars in all platforms . Just hope I don’t finish last and have fun :)

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Car is looking like a transformer with the new splitter bigger end plates / spats. Here is a sneak peak it’s almost done . We removed the rest of the rear trunk places that were left nice and clean now .
Here is a link to the live feed for the weekend . I’ll be in group 4 if anyone wishes to watch & a snapshot Below of the racing in my group, I listed my lap time as 2 minute starting :) let’s see how she performs this weekend .

Attachments

261 - 280 of 364 Posts