Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
we’re such plebes thinking 1:49 was almost unattainable 😂
it is unattainable without maybe an extra 100 ponies or massive weight drop + Luny tune driving. That really fast type R was found 53 but was also struggling to put down a solid lap. Man can’t wait for you to drive the track, you’ll realize how difficult it is to shave time there and the ammt of steel in the lower section it requires. I was talking to Ryan passey the hyper Miata driver from @goodwinracing about their 124 spider , can’t wait for them to take it to button and see what kind of time it can set . He knows that track like the back of his hand. He was struggling to break 150 in the new supercharged LFx set up and was having fuel issues . Few laps he got in got it down to 150. Jackie ding former formula driver in a custom built Supra making 500 wheel also couldn’t go under 150 something. Kinda crazy that the 124 would of had a lap within a few seconds of those crazy times . But wanted to kiss a tire wall instead 😂

I’l likely be back early next year . Lots of work ahead 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
You are gonna learn so much more about your car doing this, I promise. You may also feel overwhelmed at times but you will get through it and come out better in the end. I'm going through it right now with you.

We will be back and breaking more records come spring!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
it is unattainable without maybe an extra 100 ponies or massive weight drop + Luny tune driving. That really fast type R was found 53 but was also struggling to put down a solid lap. Man can’t wait for you to drive the track, you’ll realize how difficult it is to shave time there and the ammt of steel in the lower section it requires. I was talking to Ryan passey the hyper Miata driver from @goodwinracing about their 124 spider , can’t wait for them to take it to button and see what kind of time it can set . He knows that track like the back of his hand. He was struggling to break 150 in the new supercharged LFx set up and was having fuel issues . Few laps he got in got it down to 150. Jackie ding former formula driver in a custom built Supra making 500 wheel also couldn’t go under 150 something. Kinda crazy that the 124 would of had a lap within a few seconds of those crazy times . But wanted to kiss a tire wall instead 😂

I’l likely be back early next year . Lots of work ahead 🤦‍♂️
The question is, when are you putting in a boosted 2jz like Dai? Haha

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
You are gonna learn so much more about your car doing this, I promise. You may also feel overwhelmed at times but you will get through it and come out better in the end. I'm going through it right now with you.

We will be back and breaking more records come spring!
How do we get to a solid 275 -300 wheel ? I feel if my car had 300 wheel I could have taken podium
The question is, when are you putting in a boosted 2jz like Dai? Haha

There he is , first to pass me after the crash.
Ha no 2Jz for me . I do love that motor and car but not for me . After speaking to @Calehedron today, I will be following in his footsteps and making some big changes for next years battle. Podium or bust :)

also check out that front clip that holds thebumper , just popped off . The rest off frame is perfect :) I may have been lucky . If it’s not repairable , the grey manual 124 is getting a new heart and eve thing else . 2020 is going To be an epic year for the spider

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
Great to see the damage appears to be manageable. Gotta go with a wrap now. Doesn't matter the color of the replacement panels, just wrap to match the rest of the body. Just think of it as one BIG sticker!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Great to see the damage appears to be manageable. Gotta go with a wrap now. Doesn't matter the color of the replacement panels, just wrap to match the rest of the body. Just think of it as one BIG sticker!
Just when I thought my sticker says we’re over 😂.
@chilicharger665
Interesting enough cold months are the only time she wants to cooperate right. If my dash shows 85 degrees or higher it starts to lock up rear brakes . Even now with the willwoods. Brakes feel better then ever but it did it again and I had to pull off a session. Temps dropped slightly and I went back out with no issues . Going to try heat shielding the abs module or running air to it somehow .
the engineer from stoptech feels the change came with more power , going faster in straights now and it’s changing the dynamic for the system ( without any real data behind it ) maybe a better master cylinder could be helpful too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Technically my clocked past finish line time was still faster then his clocked past finish line in the Supra . This was just on a perfect session track was warm but weather was cooling down so car ran perfect and the track wasn’t slick . I can’t believe I biffed it on an easy left before a nice long straight .
@sdlynx that 86 was wicked fast .
makes me happy To see a guy from japan dominating in an 86. @Phillip33 true Takumi spirit
I'm still super impressed with how well you did out there, man! I seriously was going to drive down there Saturday morning just to encourage you, but I had just arrived home after a long trip and couldn't do the drive. I think you motivated Mike to push harder. Hahaha. That's awesome.

As soon as the video cut to the accident, I recalled the time you very lightly spun there when we were there together. Ugh. Seriously bummed about the crash, but Dude, SUPER proud of what you did out there too!

Like I mentioned elsewhere, if you ever want to drive with our team sometime, let me know. I think you'd have a blast with us.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
I'm still super impressed with how well you did out there, man! I seriously was going to drive down there Saturday morning just to encourage you, but I had just arrived home after a long trip and couldn't do the drive. I think you motivated Mike to push harder. Hahaha. That's awesome.

As soon as the video cut to the accident, I recalled the time you very lightly spun there when we were there together. Ugh. Seriously bummed about the crash, but Dude, SUPER proud of what you did out there too!

Like I mentioned elsewhere, if you ever want to drive with our team sometime, let me know. I think you'd have a blast with us.
That’s right you were there when I didn’t have enough throttle going through that corner & and this time , too much throttle 😂

I’m also super impressed with the spider . And so were many others that day. I easily ran a 1:56.5 with obstacles on the course , and that’s a crazy fast time . Knowing 3 additional seconds were going to be knocked off is almost hard to believe.

id love to come drive with you guys . When she’s ready to go we’ll chat :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #352 (Edited)
What an insane difference the @eurocompulsion stuffed turbo made to the cars lap times ... check this out. Finally plugged in the aim solo and looks like the session I went 156.5 in the three laps I did ( traffic each of them & the need to pass cars in rough areas ) the car pulled together a 1:54 virtual best lap. That’s combining fastest sections from those 3 laps . With the new data on hand for speeds in each section & my grid positions moving up, im feeling very ambitious where this platform is going in 2020

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
What an insane difference the @eurocompulsion stuffed turbo made to the cars lap times ... check this out. Finally plugged in the aim solo and looks like the session I went 156.5 in the three laps I did ( traffic each of them & the need to pass cars in rough areas ) the car pulled together a 1:54 virtual best lap. That’s combining fastest sections from those 3 laps . With the new data on hand for speeds in each section & my grid positions moving up, im feeling very ambitious where this platform is going in 2020
Impressive. Any news on your frame yet?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Impressive. Any news on your frame yet?
we were out of town last weekend and off to Portland for this week so she’s been locked up in the garage. I’m almost 100% that it’s perfectly straight still .Soon enough , she’ll be taken apart and I’ll be following @celehedron footsteps in the motor build for next years season .

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
or completely strip out the 124 and mod your new z51 C8 :D haha

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
im pretty sure the 124 will chew up all c8s next year :) . Just you wait . Sounds like from reviews they don’t handle like a true mid engine car and more like the old corvette
not from what I’ve read. The C7 was known for being nervous, twitchy and tailhappy. The new z51 is the opposite withall reviewers stating a bit of understeer at the limit.

people with less experience will go faster than ever now lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
not from what I’ve read. The C7 was known for being nervous, twitchy and tailhappy. The new z51 is the opposite withall reviewers stating a bit of understeer at the limit.

people with less experience will go faster than ever now lol
Haha that still won’t be the case . No matter what car you’re in , seat time will be required . There is an event December 15 . Please go drive buttonwillow while here

·
Registered
258 Posts
156 lap video is up on my Instagram. YouTube won’t let me load anything or
Id Post it here @124_abarth is the IG if anyone wishes to check it out
That 1:56 looked really fast, can't imagine you had another two seconds or more in it!

341 - 360 of 372 Posts