Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
That was really helpful for my to see your line. Very clean! I can see where you're making time in this car.

In particular that I care about you're able to get through the really tight turn 2 and 3 quickly with no fuss. The car turns in and you're able to get on the power early. That corner neutralizes heavy powerful cars.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
That 1:56 looked really fast, can't imagine you had another two seconds or more in it!
here is where it is :
full throttle up and over cotton corners ( I let off ) , better line through offramp to carry speedVs just fight gravity spin wheels , bus stop that was too easy there Before the Supra , I went probably 78 mph could have gone a solid 84+. Even riverside I had to lift mid way took an interesting line after going around the supra didnt go back out wide enough, should be full throttle through there To Phil hill the car can actually handle a lot faster speeds over Phil hill too just need to cut it more aggressively , the Honda messed me up in the sweeper , I felt like all the momentum came to a hault. I can go a lot faster there . Then sunset when I came out but slowed down too much and was way under boost , so had to wait for 4th gear build up . That session the 3 hottish laps I did all had traffic and combining the speeds of the corners from those 3 laps it was a 154.03. No wonder I hit a wall 😂 after I finally got an open track, went bonkers and took each section to its max speed . can’t wait to go back

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
That was really helpful for my to see your line. Very clean! I can see where you're making time in this car.

In particular that I care about you're able to get through the really tight turn 2 and 3 quickly with no fuss. The car turns in and you're able to get on the power early. That corner neutralizes heavy powerful cars.
Turn 3 is my favorite , Really let’s the cars cornering abilities shine . I can catch up and outpace any car I’ve had the opportunity to run against there. once the initial right , stay right then as I then left it’s full throttle up and over all the way to bus stop ( in the video I let off a little took a slightly different line ) . Bus stop too 84mph at least min speed coming out of it so entering it 100 mph and trekking down to 90-84 after going over it ( this is the part that’s been the scariest to figure out , car can handle it ) and throttle pinned all the way to Phil hill makes up a ton of time , but both the cotton corners to bus stop pinned and bus stop to Phil hill pinned is super difficult without aero.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Haven’t updated this thread in a while and lots in store for this year so here are a few items on the agenda:

straightening car back out, body shops is confident can get it back to spec and that it won’t impact handling.

*weight reduction including removal of
both head lights, Soft top assembly, passenger seat and most of interior trim
*gutting doors, panels and windows
*Installation of full cage
*custom suspension being built by a reputable shop for testing will be great to finally see which is faster kw or Ohlin :) I may even try sway bars for fun
*discussing with @Greg & @Calehedron
And planning on jumping into the motor build wagon with the head, pistons, rods and cams - spool time :)
*will have all the clearance in the world so a proper 17x10 wheel is in the works, discussing with two manufacturers. A light strong and proper forged wheel for track use.
*race hard top shell going on
*btw if anyone wants my 6UL wheels 17x9 in black I am selling them send me a pm

there may be more but this is in store for now, excited to get it back to the track when done!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Figured out which jungle gym I’m going with . Thinking lime green bar and interior 🤔

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
That looks cool! Let's hurry up with this already!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Haven’t updated this thread in a while and lots in store for this year so here are a few items on the agenda:

straightening car back out, body shops is confident can get it back to spec and that it won’t impact handling.

*weight reduction including removal of
both head lights, Soft top assembly, passenger seat and most of interior trim
*gutting doors, panels and windows
*Installation of full cage
*custom suspension being built by a reputable shop for testing will be great to finally see which is faster kw or Ohlin :) I may even try sway bars for fun
*discussing with @Greg & @Calehedron
And planning on jumping into the motor build wagon with the head, pistons, rods and cams - spool time :)
*will have all the clearance in the world so a proper 17x10 wheel is in the works, discussing with two manufacturers. A light strong and proper forged wheel for track use.
*race hard top shell going on
*btw if anyone wants my 6UL wheels 17x9 in black I am selling them send me a pm

there may be more but this is in store for now, excited to get it back to the track when done!!!
Those 17x10 forged wheels will be the key to really taking this build to the next level!! I will hazard a guess that the two manufacturers might be Titan 7 and Miataspeed?

Now I am off to re-read all 19 pages of this topic again... Your car is the best.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just because I keep reading this thread over and over again, dreaming of doing this to my Abarth, I compiled a list of all the mods you have done. Let's call it the 1:55 formula ;). Feel free to correct me and edit it in a quote if I mess something up.

17x9 wheels
KW Clubsport coilovers
Stoptech C43 front BBK (pads?)
Wilwood 4 piston rear brake calipers (pads?)
Blackbird Fab roll bar
PCI seat mounts
Sparco Evo 2 seats
EC tune Stage 4
EC intercooler
EC V4 intake
Brisk spark plugs
Alfa 4C coilpacks
EC catch can
Megan front shock tower brace
Goodwin rear shock tower brace
Forge BOV
Forge WGA
O-Ma Racing front splitter
APR rear wing w/ Kazespec endplates
Vaitrix boost gauge
APR side mirrors
ARP extended wheel studs
lightweight battery and mounting kit
EC stuffed turbo
APR hood vents
ATP E85 injectors
catless Tork downpipe

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
He’s running EC Phase 4.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Just because I keep reading this thread over and over again, dreaming of doing this to my Abarth, I compiled a list of all the mods you have done. Let's call it the 1:55 formula ;). Feel free to correct me and edit it in a quote if I mess something up.

17x9 wheels
KW Clubsport coilovers
Stoptech C43 front BBK (pads?)
Wilwood 4 piston rear brake calipers (pads?)
Blackbird Fab roll bar
PCI seat mounts
Sparco Evo 2 seats
EC tune Stage 4
EC intercooler
EC V4 intake
Brisk spark plugs
Alfa 4C coilpacks
EC catch can
Megan front shock tower brace
Goodwin rear shock tower brace
Forge BOV
Forge WGA
O-Ma Racing front splitter
APR rear wing w/ Kazespec endplates
Vaitrix boost gauge
APR side mirrors
ARP extended wheel studs
lightweight battery and mounting kit
EC stuffed turbo
APR hood vents
ATP E85 injectors
catless Tork downpipe
I don’t think I’m phase 4 yet pretty sure It was still phase 3 when I received it. Haven’t had a revision from the original am phase 3 s85 they sent.

stoptech c43 ( one side is their race pad, other side is their street pad ) a blend :) ... it’s a long Story 😂

rear pads @depotdan sponsored me and lent me his rear set up, I believe they are the pb20 pads.

shame for that last turn, we should be calling it the 53 recipe

bosch e85 injectors ( Oem size tip )

I removed the brisk plugs and went with the blue box one from EC, name isn’t coming to mind now . Couldn’t get them to fire properly

361 - 372 of 372 Posts