Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Car's looking good! I just noticed you have the Euro spec LED headlights with the clear side markers, they look pretty cool!

Reactions: chilicharger665

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Car's looking good! I just noticed you have the Euro spec LED headlights with the clear side markers, they look pretty cool!
I bought them from a guy, who sold his abarth and never installed them, who bought them from a guy in Italy 😂. They need the main harness to be swapped to work, but the swap will work. I didn’t realize they looked different from the US version, thanks for that info. They are even cooler now :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would really suggest to wrap the hood in some matte film. Perfectly removes sun flare..

P.S. that roof is totally custom made right?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I would really suggest to wrap the hood in some matte film. Perfectly removes sun flare..

P.S. that roof is totally custom made right?
Oh I love this red color too much to take any of it away :). It does look nice wrapped. I also sit 4” lower from the oem seat so I can’t see the hood or the glare sitting down. The roof is made for the Nd Miata but does work on our car too, the link is below for it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Phase 2 motortrend rear toe control arms, rear upper and lower trailing links, rear upper and lower lateral links have arrived and they looks amazing 🔥. This is the same set found on @depotdan car except in a fancy red and will allow for a full range of adjustability. We will be monitoring tire temps and wear and adjust alignment along the way to really dial it in. Curious to see how these change the feedback, Dan and @Phillip33, any Insight?

pictured is one corner (the set comes with both)

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
The car is almost battle ready!
Phase 2 arms and links are in, front adjustable control arm allowing up to -4.5 camber, Arp studs, new rotors and pads & the magnificent Eurocompulsion Stuffed turbo / phase 3 tune 🔥!

Swapped the Brass shifter bushing from the white car, really does make life a lot easier on the track. The Interior is out and ready for a half cage this week, hood vents are going back in & carbon fiber flares are going on the front and rear of the car. More tire here we come! Oh and now to clean up the mess of the garage I made.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The car is almost battle ready!
Phase 2 arms and links are in, front adjustable control arm allowing up to -4.5 camber, Arp studs, new rotors and pads & the magnificent Eurocompulsion Stuffed turbo / phase 3 tune 🔥!

Swapped the Brass shifter bushing from the white car, really does make life a lot easier on the track. The Interior is out and ready for a half cage this week, hood vents are going back in & carbon fiber flares are going on the front and rear of the car. More tire here we come! Oh and now to clean up the mess of the garage I made.
Looking good, Milo. 👍

Dan

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Nero Cinema
104 Posts
The car looks amazing! Curious how you like the stuffed turbo when you get to try it out. Waiting anxiously on photos of the flares, the vents turned out so nice! As always thanks for letting us live vicariously through you.

·
Registered
582 Posts
He had the stuffed turbo on his previous build. It made a difference on the straights on top end for sure. I'll let him tell you though.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Nero Cinema
104 Posts
Oh that’s right! I don’t think he had the p3 tune though? He’s looking for 400hp like @Calehedron’s build.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Oh that’s right! I don’t think he had the p3 tune though? He’s looking for 400hp like @Calehedron’s build.
Thank you! I had the stuffed turbo with p3 and e85 fuel. It was really really fast. Cars on track that use to run neck to neck with me and those that pulled away from me while I was on P2 had to move over quickly as I pulled up and away. It really brings the car to life in a perfect way and in theory I probably shouldn’t want to change a thing, it’s reliable and really really fast around any track. But add another 100+ wheel and the 124 starts laying down hyper car lap times. Not entirely sure that’s possible, but following closely @Calehedron build while pushing P3 for the rest of the year. I do plan on following @Greg s path and adding Water meth spray controlled by the Vaitrix unit they offer for added cooling and boost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
new splitter is on , mounting bigger side plates today, pulled the gearbox Fluid after a good 4K miles , most track use , and diff fluid . The shavings were much better from when I first pulled the fluid ( attached both pics ) I’m using the mt90 gl4 redline fluid and added quart of lightweight shockproof from redline . Seems thick and really Coates compare to the oem oil. My diff fluid was completely black, slight shaving on the metal screw, excited to have @XtremeRevolution analyze the oil and let me know what he sees. Any way , last few finishing touches and off to a full weekend of racing .
There are 36 drivers from 20 states as they have combined street class for awd, rwd and fwd so I’ll be stacked against the best build time attack cars in all platforms . Just hope I don’t finish last and have fun :)
Hi! Where can I buy a splitter like that?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Hi! Where can I buy a splitter like that?
APR carries it. They have a standard splitter which is slightly more narrow. If you would like the exact one on the red car, ask for KC and tell him you would like the new one they cut for me, it’s not listed for sale.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Time to spice things up a little. The hard top had custom front and rear brackets made allowing the CCP hardtop work with the 124. I’m a tall guy and I no longer look out of place sitting in the 124 with the added head room. More photos to come of that. Pictured below are the carbon fiber fender flares going on the car tomorrow. Custom brackets are being finished allowing these to connect to the fenders without puncturing the carbon. They are beautiful and will tie in nicely with the carbon splitter, hood vents and wing. Ultimately, fitting 275s all around after the engine is built will be the goal and these allow me to do so. For now, 255s with spacers. Just the custom half cage left maximizing the height of the hardtop and she’s ready to rip

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Time to spice things up a little. The hard top had custom front and rear brackets made allowing the CCP hardtop work with the 124. I’m a tall guy and I no longer look out of place sitting in the 124 with the added head room. More photos to come of that. Pictured below are the carbon fiber fender flares going on the car tomorrow. Custom brackets are being finished allowing these to connect to the fenders without puncturing the carbon. They are beautiful and will tie in nicely with the carbon splitter, hood vents and wing. Ultimately, fitting 275s all around after the engine is built will be the goal and these allow me to do so. For now, 255s with spacers. Just the custom half cage left maximizing the height of the hardtop and she’s ready to rip

View attachment 81896
Now All I want to ask is where can I get some of this!
Also,

I can’t find appropriate tires

265/40R17 didn’t return anything lol.
Imagine this car with 265 tires

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Also,

Also,

275 Hoosiers :). And a solid 275 street tire is the plan. These should be on today, once it’s all mocked up, brackets dialed in to make these work and with our separating bumper from fenders and it looks as good as I need it look, I will share all the details lol.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
275 Hoosiers :). And a solid 275 street tire is the plan. These should be on today, once it’s all mocked up, brackets dialed in to make these work and with our separating bumper from fenders and it looks as good as I need it look, I will share all the details lol.
What size wheels? Let me know the setup I need to copy you.
Kevin

401 - 420 of 420 Posts