Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here are some other deals I got on New 2019 Abarth’s

MSRP $31,755 for $21,378. Dealer was 4 hours away.

MSRP $31,900 fo $21,182. Dealer was 9 hours away. I liked this deal but they where 9 hours away and Abarth was red. Don’t want a red car.

You should be able to at least get $10-11k off on 2019 and more on 2018 new Abarth. If not, I will do the haggling for ya for a small fee LoL!!

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been seeing in my research, and the kind of deal I'm expecting to make...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Respectfully, that doesn't seem such a good deal compared with what has been posted here.
Anything thinking about a 2020 because it may be the last year?
Beyond some vinyl, I don't perceive there to be anything that makes the '20 special, as in a "Final Edition" type thing, or any kind of "hardware" update that gives the '20 any tech, or option the '19 doesn't have... so in future, there likely won't be any premium to having "the last dinosaur"...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Here are some other deals I got on New 2019 Abarth’s

MSRP $31,755 for $21,378. Dealer was 4 hours away.

MSRP $31,900 fo $21,182. Dealer was 9 hours away. I liked this deal but they where 9 hours away and Abarth was red. Don’t want a red car.

You should be able to at least get $10-11k off on 2019 and more on 2018 new Abarth. If not, I will do the haggling for ya for a small fee LoL!!
?? links???

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's highly unlikely that ANY manufacturer of ANY brand will contemplate producing a car like this again, even at twice the price.

If your heart says you want one, don't let your head interfere. Pay the money, fall in love and have no regrets.

Best of luck on one of life's little journeys.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's highly unlikely that ANY manufacturer of ANY brand will contemplate producing a car like this again, even at twice the price.

If your heart says you want one, don't let your head interfere. Pay the money, fall in love and have no regrets.

Best of luck on one of life's little journeys.

Oh, I will have a 124... the only question is, which one, and how much will I pay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you want my advice after having a horrible time getting my car negotiated through, here's what i've learned.
Fiat Dealerships by and large suck and don't even bother with them. I didn't have a single one of those Euro style ooh fancy Fiat/Alfa dealer showrooms even willing to play ball with me at all. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to visit one.
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealers by and large do not care about the Fiat brand as their priority, and certainly not the 124. Chances are new and used 124 inventory is just a thing that they have, and is almost seen as an inconvenience to them. I know my local dealership in South Bend had two fiat 124 spiders brand new ( a 2016 and a 2017) just sitting there, as recently as two months ago!
Dealers thrive on the notion that they're "the only game in town" - being out of state, or just from a different side of the state you are in gives you huge leverage because the feeling that you have mobility is a huge threat. You could just go somewhere else!
My advise? Find a car that you want on their search, try and narrow it down to ones that are only at non "italian only" dealers. Call them, make sure its still there, go down that way to 'look at it and take a test drive' and if you like the car start talking about how you just don't quite like the price. "You know I could take this car today, buuuuutttttttt...."

·
Registered
148 Posts
AO - If you’re comfortable having the car shipped to you, try Benson Fiat/Alfa in Greer, SC.
Contact John Montgomery for a straight deal. He is very active in the Fiat Club of America and has also helped many Alfa owners.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
No reason not to have a car shipped. I have a VERY good shipper if you need a reference.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
No reason not to have a car shipped. I have a VERY good shipper if you need a reference.
Or fly and drive back. If you are saving 10k (!) then distance is irrelevant.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
AO - If you’re comfortable having the car shipped to you, try Benson Fiat/Alfa in Greer, SC.
Contact John Montgomery for a straight deal. He is very active in the Fiat Club of America and has also helped many Alfa owners.
Good luck!
Benson is one of the closer dealers to me actually, and I had been considering a Classica they had, mostly as a pick for a price match at my local dealer, Harper in Knoxville, but Benson have recently removed all their inventory from every listing I can find, from Cars.com, Autotrader, Fiat.com, even their own website...

I have a list longer than my... I have a long list of cars and dealers... once my ducks are in a row, I'm going to start calling and see who I can pit against each other...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Whoa!! The listings have gone INSANE! $3000/$4000 price reductions by the dozen all over the place! Took me a second to realize... cars that were $30K yesterday are $26K today. Was yesterday Thanksgiving and nobody told me? Is today some super secret Black Friday??? Seriously, WTF?

·
Registered
24 Posts
$26k is still too much unless sticker is over $36k!! Try to get at least $10k off, these cars arent selling and no longer will be made, dealers arent gonna want them on their lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I saw the 2018 another forum member here picked up in AL a few weeks ago, but really did not want a black car and was slow to call- SOLD by the time I thought I could live with it. But all things happen for a reason. A day later I found my car, 2019 Abarth- white with heritage stripe and all options except the RM exhaust, a manufacturer car that had never been titled and had only 24 miles on the odometer. It looked brand new unlike some of the show cars I have seen but had a year less warranty since they start the clock when the manufacturer starts using the car- sticker was ~ $40k, dealer price ~$27k. We flew to OH and drove it back to GA, 8 hours. Similar deal with the 4C and like that car, the day I saw it we did the deal over the phone and arranged to drive or fly in. You have to be the early bird because the best deals move quick. Sadly I feel the 124 is short on time, get one while you can and for a deal.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Consider contacting dealers near you and learning what they have on order.
Apparently they can see what other dealers have on order as well, so maybe
a drive or a swap. I would have tried to get that year of warranty restored.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Apex, how’s the Spider shopping going?!! What model you gonna get? Also have you had a chance to test drive one?

These are awesome Lil cars!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I attended (one of many) a Sales course once where we started the first day juggling balls, most of which flew around the room, then over the next few days were set individual and group tasks and at the end of the course given coloured caps to wear and keep !?! The caps were Red, Yellow, Green or Blue and it was explained to us that each cap colour indicated a personality, being......Red-Direct, obtains relevant information then acts upon it. Yellow, same as Red but just that bit more cautious. Can't quite remember which way round the other two were but lets say..
Blue- Wants to have every scrap of information and advice before making that decision, which is fair enough, then ...there is Green- who will do all of the above and have you running back and forth as long as you are prepared to chase that sale but will never buy.................
I have enjoyed reading and digesting the wonderful and honest writing Apex.....I am just now wondering what more we can do to assist you as it seems to me that your USA based forum buddies have all but signed up for you.
If you haven't already, I would respectfully suggest you make a list of Pros and Cons, decide "If" you want a 124 Spider or not, then Go For It or Move On.
Bet you cannot guess which cap I wore....? and No, my juggling balls didn't stay in the air ! Best Wishes
Cheers 😉
ron

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think some folks have difficulty reading.

I must have my financial ducks in a row. That includes: Paying Off The Car We Currently Owe On.

Then, We We MUST Wait Until The Relevant Credit Rating Receives The Bump For Paying Off The Car We Currently Owe On.

Then, I Can Go Kick Dealers In The Balls With Buying Power, Cash Down Payment In Hand, With A Credit Score Over 800.

The wife and I don't carry significant debt. Nearly none. We are paying off the car we currently owe on 30 months into the 60 month term on the loan. The only way we can do this, and have the cash to put the down payment down, and not drain our savings is by doing things in their proper order. '

You guys are impatient. How do you think I FEEL, chewing my f**king fingers off waiting. But, I have a system, and a budget, and it works. It got the wife out of debt hole when we met, it bought us a house and put us above water from the second we closed, and it's paying off the car we currently owe on in half the term of the loan, and putting us in a power position to buy.

Things have an order. If you follow that order, great opportunities happen. By waiting this long, all that has happened is prices have GONE DOWN.

Chill out guys, you're yucking my yum.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts