Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
2018 Abarth. Stuffed Turbo with Tork tune and DV+.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abarth steering wheel badges will be available soon on Amazon. I was trying to order some and Abarth will only license to businesses. An Italian company - Quattroerre will produce and offer them in about 30 days. If you have ever seen the quality of their stickers, you will agree that they are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks...just checked out their web site as well.
Spideromeo shared a link for these badges two weeks ago. I already bought this badge from Amazon...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Abarth steering wheel badges will be available soon on Amazon. I was trying to order some and Abarth will only license to businesses. An Italian company - Quattroerre will produce and offer them in about 30 days. If you have ever seen the quality of their stickers, you will agree that they are worth waiting for.
View attachment 82644
Hi, do you know if Quattroerre has shared a date to start selling the Decals? I can't wait for one!

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
These will look like the original and just cover the Fiat logo.
I looked at the photo of the badge on a steering wheel and intially it looked like a solid black background, but when I copied the image out and zoomed in, I think I can make out the black and siler pattern that would look OEM. And that would be excellent.

The OEM version of the badge has a black/silver patterned background, as in the photo below. This photo was from an order processed by members here on the forum a few years ago (in fact, it's a picture I took of part of the batch as it was sitting on my keyboard). In the early years, we managed to put together three mass orders for members here, but the source disappeared back in 2019.

It's great news that you found someone else who can provide them, as members have been trying to lay hands on them for a long time now. Your efforts will definately be appreciated. Better still, that they'll be sold via Amazon. Which means you or someone else won't have to coordinate the import and distribution of them to other members. I was one of the folks who managed the distribution of one of the orders, and I can attest it's a bit of work. lol

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Quick question for you. The photo you show of their badge placed on a steering wheel. Is that solid black background, or is it a silver/black pattern? My eyes can't tell for certain, and when I copied and zoomed in on the photo, I still couldn't tell. If you're unsure as well, since you have been in conversation with the manufacturer, could you reach out to them and confirm?

If it's a solid black background, I don't think it's a major issue, for if the size is right and the quality is good, that's really what matters most. And from what you're saying, size and quality is great. So it's purely a background colour question.

The OEM version of the badge has a silver patterned background, as in the following photo. This photo was from an order processed by members here on the forum a few years ago (in fact, it's a picture I took of part of the batch as it was sitting on my keyboard). In the early years, we managed to put together three mass orders for members here, but the source disappeared back in 2019. It's great news that you found someone else who can provide them, as members have been trying to lay hands on them for a long time now. Your efforts will definately be appreciated.

View attachment 83781

Calvin the black on the badge is solid black not detailed like the V2 badges we got from Turkey.

37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick question for you. The photo you show of their badge placed on a steering wheel. Is that solid black background, or is it a silver/black pattern? My eyes can't tell for certain, and when I copied and zoomed in on the photo, I still couldn't tell. If you're unsure as well, since you have been in conversation with the manufacturer, could you reach out to them and confirm?

If it's a solid black background, I don't think it's a major issue, for if the size is right and the quality is good, that's really what matters most. And from what you're saying, size and quality is great. So it's purely a background colour question.

The OEM version of the badge has a silver patterned background, as in the following photo. This photo was from an order processed by members here on the forum a few years ago (in fact, it's a picture I took of part of the batch as it was sitting on my keyboard). In the early years, we managed to put together three mass orders for members here, but the source disappeared back in 2019. It's great news that you found someone else who can provide them, as members have been trying to lay hands on them for a long time now. Your efforts will definately be appreciated.

View attachment 83781
CD,
I believe the background will be solid, the "shield" portion will be metallic. I have not seen one yet, but they will be officially Licensed Abarth badges. I have tried a few stickers made by various others and they all lacked the quality that I have seen produced by this company. The badges in your photo look great. Sorry I missed out on those.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
CD,
I believe the background will be solid, the "shield" portion will be metallic. I have not seen one yet, but they will be officially Licensed Abarth badges. I have tried a few stickers made by various others and they all lacked the quality that I have seen produced by this company. The badges in your photo look great. Sorry I missed out on those.
Since you're in communication with them, perhaps send them a copy of the photo I attached in my post and ask them about the background as a confirmation. If it's solid black, I don't think that's a deal breaker for anyone, but it would be really nice if they were truly OEM in appearance. When I zoomed in the photo you provided, I "thought" I could make out the pattern, but it was dark. That's why I too am not absolutely certain.

Speculation on my part, but the part they would have to ensure they had licensing approval for would be the shield/logo component, not the background outside of it. So if they are currently planning on a solid black background, it wouldn't hurt to ask if they could modify the background to make them 100% accurate. That change wouldn't (I don't think) require a revisit to the licensing approval question they have sitting with Stellantis.

Serious thanks though for handling the covnersation with the vendor, as this is very, very good news for a lot of people who missed out on the initial orders and were still looking for a badge source.

37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since you're in communication with them, perhaps send them a copy of the photo I attached in my post and ask them about the background as a confirmation. If it's solid black, I don't think that's a deal breaker for anyone, but it would be really nice if they were truly OEM in appearance. When I zoomed in the photo you provided, I "thought" I could make out the pattern, but it was dark. That's why I too am not absolutely certain.

Speculation on my part, but the part they would have to ensure they had licensing approval for would be the shield/logo component, not the background outside of it. So if they are currently planning on a solid black background, it wouldn't hurt to ask if they could modify the background to make them 100% accurate. That change wouldn't (I don't think) require a revisit to the licensing approval question they have sitting with Stellantis.

Serious thanks though for handling the covnersation with the vendor, as this is very, very good news for a lot of people who missed out on the initial orders and were still looking for a badge source.
I did ask early on about the background. The response was - "The product can be made in the dimension 39 x 43 mm with the black background as in the attachment, we cannot make changes. "
I tried a few different suppliers, and the quality was lacking. This one seems promising.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
The guy from Turkey was able to produce the background like the EOM badges.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts