Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 2018 Lusso last Friday. So far everything is working perfectly. One small thing I noticed is the steering wheel is not centered when tracking in a straight line, it's position is a little to the left. Not a huge issue, but it bothers me. Anybody else have this? Is it an easy fix for the dealer or should I not worry about it?

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Spider
44 Posts
I don't think it left the factory in that condition. Don't worry, but I suggest a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Eons ago, a VW Jetta I owned was hit by another car while parked on a city street. When I got it back from the body shop it tracked straight but the steering wheel was off a few degrees. It wasn't the steering wheel's problem. It took a second body shop to properly fix the car's alignment.

I think your car needs to spend some time on the rack, and not just have the steering wheel reinstalled.

I'd bought a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe 10 years ago that needed a trip to the alignment rack right away, it left the factory pulling to one side. It happens.

Steve.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Track alignment could be the culprit but first thing I would check is tires pressure. It must be the same on all 4 wheels. I'ts an easy check that you could do yourself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tire pressure is good and the car tracks perfectly straight. It's just that the steering wheel tilts a little to the left when the car is going straight. I just wondered if that was a simple adjustment the dealer could do.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The wheels were aligned but the person who did the alignment was sloppy about positioning the wheel first. On an old car one can reset the wheel, but on a newer car the wheel should be positioned first, then the wheels aligned. In other words, if you want the wheel straight up, you need to take it back for an alignment. (It should have been done properly to begin with.)

The tire pressure is good and the car tracks perfectly straight. It's just that the steering wheel tilts a little to the left when the car is going straight. I just wondered if that was a simple adjustment the dealer could do.

Reactions: Seagas
1 - 6 of 6 Posts