Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had it removed when the car had just over 100 miles so it basically as new; muffler with a pair of dual tips. Local pickup only (I live between Jacksonville & Daytona Beach FL) due to weight/size): $250.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Still have this? I would love to have my Classica sound a bit more throaty
Other than the tips, the muffler is the same as your Classica. And, the tips won't fit your Classica bumper.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Measure the outlet size on your car and I can measure mine and you can decide if they will fit...I have heard of some putting the Abarth tips on Classica & Lusso models on the Facebook site.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Still have this? I would love to have my Classica sound a bit more throaty
The Abarth and the Classica sound different, thats for sure. I suspect alot of the difference comes from the fact that the Abarth midpipe does not have a resonator and the Classica does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm so would doing a resonator delete get me the sound I am looking for? Stock classica muffler with a mid-pipe resonator delete. Pretty sure an exhaust shop can cut that out and weld in a new pipe. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you will have a bit better sound and your local exhaust shop is the place to go. The stock Abarth 124 sound to me is pitiful, and not like the Fiat 500 Abarth sound at all!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
As an FYI, now that the Record Monza upgrade is available through MOPAR, your dealership's service department should be able to source the cut-out templates for installing the Monza on non-Abarth models. They state that in the information about the exhaust system on their website. It would mean cutting out part of the rear bumper on a non-Abarth model, and once done, going back to single pipes would look peculiar. So in short, not impossible, but it's a consideration that needs to be given some thought.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, you will have a bit better sound and your local exhaust shop is the place to go. The stock Abarth 124 sound to me is pitiful, and not like the Fiat 500 Abarth sound at all!
You are correct about that...that is why I swapped mine out with a GOODWIN Racing Sportster Muffler Delete...Much better sound. Now it sounds like it looks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts