Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had a nail in my tire and it was too close to the sidewall to repair. The total installed cost for one tire was $573 CDN. With my previous car I could buy a set of tires for that price.

Fortunately I was given a tire road hazards warranty when I bought the car so there was no charge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that the price from the dealer? Or a regular tire shop?
OEM tires from the dealer are marked up quite significantly.
Compare that price to somewhere like tirerack, or even a Canadian retailer like Kal or 1010tires.

Side note and entirely my own opinion, OEM tires are garbage. Use the opportunity to get some tires with decent grip.
You can get 2 whole tires, with mount and balance, like RE71R for that insane price.

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Yeah, that is crazy expensive! And the RE50A is not an "acclaimed " tire either. Funny thing, I happened to park next to a 2013 Miata yesterday it had RE50A tires. It was also an automatic. :(
There are many other tires I'd choose.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was from the dealership. Since they were under the tire warranty I wasn't charged. Only have 2000 km on the car so not ready to buy new tires.

I had no idea they would mark them up that much. Again, I knew they would be covered under warranty so I didn't really think about price. When I saw what they would have charged, I almost had to laugh - who would ever expect a bill like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts