Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my brother was messing around with my fuel lid. He said it was latching properly and he proceeded to bend the tab out so it would latch easier! Well, now it’s stuck and I cannot open it. Even if I pull the release from inside the trunk. Any idea on how to get it open? Can the actuator be removed from inside the trunk to allow a nylon pry bar access to push it open? I don’t want to break it trying to spin it…. And yes the car is unlocked…. :( Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,169 Posts
Try pushing and holding it closed while unlocking the door. Seems like the locking pin is stuck and the extra spring tension is causing it to stay locked. Good luck.

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider Turismo, 02/2017
24 Posts
This is a joke answer, pls dont do this: Take some WD40, spray it around the lid, then light it on fire and throw your wife on it.

All problems solved.

Seriously: if whats @mtnghost said doesnt work, warm it up a bit with a heating gun or smth (gently with around 60-70°C if its adjustable, not directly on it with 500°C !AND DEFINITELY NOT INSIDE THE TANK OR LIGHTER-FIRE!) and tap it lightly with something soft but ridgid. Spray a little bit of lubrication around the mounting-bracked, then try to pull. If the pin is still stuck that means the plastik is bend. Only way then is you try it for longer and gently, so nothing more breaks, or you have to yank it.

and just for you:
Brown Rectangle Beige Font Parallel

151$ MSRP :) For a fucking plastik cover with some o-rings. :) Thanks Obama.
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Circle

Heres the Bracket for the lid.

And here is a picture of how its assembled:
Font Rectangle Elbow Gesture Plumbing fixture

So good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice.... still no luck yet. Couple of follow up questions though. How far does the actuator pull trigger travel when you manually pull it to disengage the lock? Mine moves VERY little, 1/4 inch maybe. Perhaps it is stuck on the door. I just don't want to pull to hard and break it. Also, is the hole it enters the fill chamber keyed or is it just round? If its just a round hole I was thinking of trying to spin the actuator and hopefully unscrew the nut on the other side...? From the pictures of a replacement, it looks like it may be keyed to fit and not turn.....

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In addition would someone be able to send some good pics of the inside of the fuel compartment. I am trying to get a visual on what may be happening but I cant seem to find a good shot of the actuator and stopper on the inside. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts