1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subwoofer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG90004
Greetings. Were you successful in installing a sub into your vehicle? I did not get the Bose system in my Classica, but am interested in adding an amp/sub. Any suggestions/learnings you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Tom
Sorry i didn't get back sooner. Yes the Sub Woofer is a Kenwood Ksc- sw11, 150 watt. It is behind my seat. You run the power wire under the driver door sill, to the fuse box by the kicker panel, and tap into the AUX fuse with a tap wire. The ground you run under the driver door sill, and drill into the frame.
The speakers wires are run behind the passenger seat, then the passenger door sill to the amp, which is a Medusa Hair of wires. I didn't want to tackle it, so I gave some guys around the corner here in Austin $100 to do the job, and they did a fantastic job. The door speakers I did my self, they were easy. I used POLK Audio DB652 and a Metra 72-5602 wire harness bought it all from Crutchfield.
Not Sure.
Austin, Tx.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks for the info
does this really get enough power to run off the just a fuse box? lol
I want to add a small 8" sub but not sure where yet

·
Registered
82 Posts
Subwoofer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG90004
Greetings. Were you successful in installing a sub into your vehicle? I did not get the Bose system in my Classica, but am interested in adding an amp/sub. Any suggestions/learnings you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Tom
Sorry i didn't get back sooner. Yes the Sub Woofer is a Kenwood Ksc- sw11, 150 watt. It is behind my seat. You run the power wire under the driver door sill, to the fuse box by the kicker panel, and tap into the AUX fuse with a tap wire. The ground you run under the driver door sill, and drill into the frame.ng
The speakers wires are run behind the passenger seat, then the passenger door sill to the amp, which is a Medusa Hair of wires. I didn't want to tackle it, so I gave some guys around the corner here in Austin $100 to do the job, and they did a fantastic job. The door speakers I did my self, they were easy. I used POLK Audio DB652 and a Metra 72-5602 wire harness bought it all from Crutchfield.
Not Sure.
Austin, Tx.;)
I like the small form of that Kenwood speaker. Does anyone know if the wiring is in place for the sub-woofer in the non-Bose models? There is a foam block in the passenger foot well where the sub would go and I know some folks have removed it for more legroom. Curious if they noticed whether the wiring was there? If so I would try to tap into that with this type of sub mounted somewhere under the passenger side dash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@ameridan i found this interface that provides two low level pairs of RCA’s... by looking at the only picture in the ad, it seems that if you bought two, you could get the RCA lines needed to connect a system like XR’s FITS package, AND have an extra harness to do all your splicing/soldering/wrapping outside of the vehicle. This way you could retain the factory door and tweeter wires. Which I think was XR’s plan. But if I’m not mistaken, with his setup we’d be splicing in at the TAU regardless. So perhaps this would be easier? Unless of course there’s another method to plug in that I’m unaware of. Maybe I’m making it more complicated than necessary. This is all assuming that this interface fits, but it does seem to fit all Mazda non-Bose systems in our year range...?

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-AOEM-MAZ2-Interface-Replacement-Amplifier/dp/B001715RQS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=mazda+tau+interface&qid=1575566227&sr=8-3

*EDIT—-
Disregard... after looking more closely at XR’s thread, it seems he had the same idea and is using this same piece. I should probably pay more attention!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts