Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any creative solutions out there to handle the lack of a rotating sun visor to handle the morning sun in your face in the driver side window?

·
Registered
956 Posts
There is a thread full of hat recommendations. For sunglasses, I go with Maui Jims. Oh, and there is always the top up option, the lean your head to one side option and the hold one hand up option. Seriously though, when I drive to Texas and back, I leave early in the morning and drive for 10 and 1/2 hours. With the sunglasses and a hat with a brim I can adjust, it works out fine.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a thread full of hat recommendations. For sunglasses, I go with Maui Jims. Oh, and there is always the top up option, the lean your head to one side option and the hold one hand up option. Seriously though, when I drive to Texas and back, I leave early in the morning and drive for 10 and 1/2 hours. With the sunglasses and a hat with a brim I can adjust, it works out fine.
i have one of those suction cup stick to the window black shades you buy from the guy along with a churro on the bridge coming back from mexico (how's that for an image?), however, it would cover about two full spider windows. i would need something about a quarter of the size, just to cover top edge of the window. i guess an amazon search is in my future.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Google search the term "mountaineering sunglasses". They have leather or fabric side shields that block light coming at you from the side, all the way back to your temples. Not your typical wrap-around sunglasses.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Sunglasses are not enough, you need a cap and the car sun visor to at least block part of the sun.
Yesterday, while driving home, near sunset, the sun was so low, my cap visor and car sun visor did help, but my view of the road was reduced cause the sun was blinding me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i drive directly into the sun both to and from work at certain times of the year as it comes up or goes down down at the horizon. full on can't do anything to block it except maybe follow a tractor trailer and i hate to be behind one of them, especially in this car. though the first time i wanted to use it for on the side i thought i was to stupid to not figure out how to get it loose. once i looked closer i realized they don't have that feature.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i drive directly into the sun both to and from work at certain times of the year as it comes up or goes down down at the horizon. full on can't do anything to block it except maybe follow a tractor trailer and i hate to be behind one of them, especially in this car. though the first time i wanted to use it for on the side i thought i was to stupid to not figure out how to get it loose. once i looked closer i realized they don't have that feature.
Yup. i've spent a little bit too much time myself trying to work out how it rotates....press here, pull there, look closer. etc etc. lol

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Looks like a good size for the small window we're dealing with. Although I own sunglasses with leather side shields, I never use them for driving due to lack of clear peripheral vision... but, if I'm snowshoeing or on a big body of water, they're the cat's meow for eye protection. I haven't gotten desperate enough to purchase a window visor yet, but if I get to that stage, what you listed from BB&B looks pretty good.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks extremely intrusive and annoying lol! But I guess it does suffice?
It's what I started with. And I agree. Couldn't find better. It scores over the bed bath and beyond posted here because it has one cup instead of two, and it twist folds nicely for storage between the passenger seat and the middle, hiding unobtrusively most of the time. Then goes up or down and moves around pretty easily. Same thing but half the size would likely be ideal, but since I keep spending money on Russo, my wife's suggestion to use what I already had was a good one....especially since I'm about to pull the trigger on a black matte heritage stripe wrap ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts