Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reaching out to the forum.

I am getting quotes for the following (labor only) and am hoping the community can provide what they might have paid, or give what you think would be a fair price.

Car: 124 Abarth

Spring Install (Progress, Keeping Bilsteins)
Bump Stops (GWR Kit)
Front and rear sway bars (Progress)
Alignment

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First quote came in at 8 hours. 120 per hour plus alignment. Grand total before tax = $1,090

I have done this several times, but I was trying to save myself the hassle, but for that much money I guess I will be doing it. That is almost an exhaust system!

·
Registered
476 Posts
i went online to the Alldata labor guide and there is no listing for the 124 and under 16 miata there are no times for those things.
got in touch w/ local dealer and they said warranty times are:
rear spring 1.8hr each
front spring 1.6hr each
jounce bumper should be almost no additional time once springs out? Sway bars front and rear i would expect are removed to do the springs so no additional time?
so 6.8 hours plus standard alignment cost.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
The springs are not really a big deal if you have a spring compressor of some type...the rear sway bar is pretty much a no brainer....the front sway bar is kind of pain....you will have to drop the steering rack to get it out and back in......you don't have to disconnect the end links but the rack has to be unbolted from the frame and the steering u-joint disconnected...expected to spend some time doing it...especially if you are laying on your back doing it like I was...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The springs are not really a big deal if you have a spring compressor of some type...the rear sway bar is pretty much a no brainer....the front sway bar is kind of pain....you will have to drop the steering rack to get it out and back in......you don't have to disconnect the end links but the rack has to be unbolted from the frame and the steering u-joint disconnected...expected to spend some time doing it...especially if you are laying on your back doing it like I was...
I found this? Does it solve the issue of dropping the steering rack?

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
there is not that much room in the 124...the intercooler piping is in the way for one thing....I managed to get the oem bar out but I could not get the Eibach bar back in as it was different enough there was not enough room...give it a shot before you drop the rack...maybe you can find a way...but I have my doubts...let me know...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is not that much room in the 124...the intercooler piping is in the way for one thing....I managed to get the oem bar out but I could not get the Eibach bar back in as it was different enough there was not enough room...give it a shot before you drop the rack...maybe you can find a way...but I have my doubts...let me know...
UG! Thanks!!! Much appreciated

·
Vendor
3,343 Posts
With a mighty struggle you may be able to remove the stock bar without unbolting the steering rack. However I doubt you will be able to get the Eibach bar in, and certainly not the Progress technology bar without unbolting the rack. Bottom line, it's easier to just unbolt the rack.

For most people this is a do it yourself job. It's not difficult in a technical sense, just time consuming. The forum members including myself will be here to help if any enthusiast has questions on this job.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts