Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember hearing a couple months before i got my car from the dealership that it was possible and would not hurt the roof to take the top down while moving. Has anyone heard this or is this really stupid?

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
I have dropped it while rolling maybe 10-15mph...no problem...don't think I would try much above that...it would make a nice parachute when you first pop it...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have dropped it while rolling maybe 10-15mph...no problem...don't think I would try much above that...it would make a nice parachute when you first pop it...
I dropped it while going 30-35 mph. More out of lack of paying attention to actual speed than on purpose, to be honest. No parachute effect, however it folded back rather rapidly =).

Thx, S

Reactions: notlostnow and jleo

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do it plenty of time at a lower speed like under 20mph. I did a few time around 35 and under will ease. I tried once on a freeway going 65... It was no good, had to pull over to put it down. Reason is because the wind was too strong at that speed that it made the vert top slightly off center and can't be put down. Btw make sure to pay attention in front of you, when you turn your body around with one hand to click the top into place can cause you to steer toward that direction.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have done it, but not at speeds over 20mph. No problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts