Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering the Tein Flex Z coilovers for my 18 Abarth. Since they don't have it listed for the Abarths. I would have to order for a Miata ND . I believe they'll fit but with the Abarth a little heavier will that make a huge difference? I'm not going to track the car at all. Just wanted to lower the car for the looks and trying not to affect the ride quality too much. Tein seems to be a good quality product at a very reasonable price point. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Please chime in. Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have installed the Flex Z in December.
The ride quality is maybe better than before. I'll track the car here and there and the Flex Z is still too soft.
If your main target is to lower the car go and get it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have installed the Flex Z in December.
The ride quality is maybe better than before. I'll track the car here and there and the Flex Z is still too soft.
If your main target is to lower the car go and get it.

View attachment 74929
Thanks Alpha4
That looks great. How much of a drop did you end up going with? Ride comfort and fitment was my main concern and it seems to be right on with what I'm looking for. I'll be getting a set of Flex Z's. Will report back once installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I totally forgot to take the original ride height but from the references found on the web the drop is close to 2.4"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update,. Was able to install Tien Flex Z's yesterday. No issues with fitment. I left the height adjustments as it came and it lowered roughly 1.75" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. Damper adjustments is at 22 clicks out of 30 (my adjustment). The ride is much nicer that the stock Bilsteins. I think it suits the streets very well. For now I'm super happy with the result. I may need raise it 1/4 - 1/2 inch higher and maybe a tad stiffer after it breaks in. Again I'm not going to doing any track or autocross so this is a very good set up for the streets.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's great!
Your height drop seems very close to mine from the pictures.

I'm in contact with Tein UK since I think that with the 124 we need a little bit more spring preload.

I'm still awaiting their reply about the standard SAG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts