Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally today my abarth was returned from the dealership after two weeks. the problem was the paint on the hood was uneven in the application. it was reported to the dealership on the july 2nd, photographed and sent to fca for approval for the repairs. I know what you are thinking, why did I accept the car. the day I picked it up it was during a thunderstorm. beaded water obscured the paint flaws. after a month (actually four weeks) I went to the dealership and got loud in the service dept (perhaps there was the utterance of a few profanities), then the next day it was accepted to be repaired. fca recommended the use of heat lamps to correct the paint (after being in the sun of southern Louisiana the paint was fully cured)(believe it or not), so after a week and a half it was decided to repaint it. the first application of paint was a bit off with the color match, so lets paint it again (yay..... sarcasm). so after what amounts to a month and a half the problem is resolved.... I hope I never need to go to a dealer again... not a fan of the Chrysler service..... I hope no one else needs to endure this type of treatment, and I unfortunately am beginning to understand where the customer satisfaction with fiat is lacking. unfortunately I don't feel it is specifically based upon the engineering, but the customer service really sucks..... I truly hope my experience is an isolated incident, and wish everyone the best of luck..... happy my toy is back, but still a bit upset it was gone at all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel your pain; my car spent over 2 months sitting in the dealership repair lot waiting for a part. I thought the customer service for fiat (corporate, not the dealers) was pretty good, with the problem being customer service reps can't make parts.
Fiat just finalized the purchase agreement to buy back my car and I'm very hesitant to give them another shot (maybe if they get their act together for the 2018s). How did you get them to agree to a new paint job? My paint was kind of swirly, but I wasn't quite sure if that is just normal. I had to go through a lawyer to get fca to even acknowledge problems. I hope you enjoy your ride after waiting for so long. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you get them to agree to a new paint job? My paint was kind of swirly, but I wasn't quite sure if that is just normal. I had to go through a lawyer to get fca to even acknowledge problems. I hope you enjoy your ride after waiting for so long.

I just showed up to the dealership, and pointed out the flaws. I then told them I purchased a NEW car and I wanted a complete new car not something which was defective. it was a month before they said to bring it in. but while I was waiting, I stopped in at least once a week and interrupted the salesman while he was working on other sales and asked what the status of my repair was... I guess the pressure of me going into the showroom and saying "make me whole" had the effect needed to motivate them into action. also I was able to point out to them the defect was in the paint and not on the clearcoat, so they could not claim it was damage which occurred after I took possession.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts