Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Having installed one, I can tell you that you need the extended bolts. The housing for the DV+ is thicker than the stock, so the original bolts won't reach.
don't recall that option about the extended bolts when I ordered mine, and haven't installed yet. Will I need these longer bolts? Don't want to start pulling things apart and find out I can't install.

tia,

Mark

· Registered
291 Posts
The longer bolts came with it and weren't an option, so I don't know. Got mine from Eurocompulsion, for what it's worth. The last instruction was "be sure to use the supplied longer bolts to reinstall the valve."
purchased from Eurocompulsion and option wasn't there, but is now. I'll just measure the spacing adding in the gfb depth to be sure supplied bolts will reach.

· Registered
291 Posts
Use the standard bolts. The extended bolts are used when the DV+ is combined with a Forge blow off plate.

Greg
I see...so the bolts you originally provided allow for the added depth of the dv+ but nothing else. If something else is stacked on top as well, the longer bolts are then needed. Guess this will still be my weekend project :)

Thanks for clarifying,

Mark

· Registered
291 Posts
I just received mine and am puzzled about the use of the spring resulting in a CEL. There was no mention of this anywhere else and it's going to be a PITA if this is a regular occurrence.
What experience have you others had?
Pete
did you try it with the spring and throw a code, or just going by what the install instructions say?

Reactions: OilTrader

· Registered
291 Posts
How to turn a 10 minute project fitting the dv+ into an afternoon project? Drop a tool under the hood.

My 5mm allen was on a socket with extension. The extension fell off and into the tray below. Couldn't see it, tried fishing out with a magnetic probe to no avail. So jacked her up and removed the bottom aluminum panel but no tool to be found! Fish around more, curse, kick things and search more with no luck. So now start removing the softer panel near the front bumper. Lots of fasteners, bolts, etc that were extremely difficult to maneuver but got most out and could pull panel back.

And still no tool found.

Step back and ponder the universe. And then spot the missing tool next to the car hiding behind a piece of plywood on the floor. Apparently when the tray fell it shot out and hid.

Put everything back together in the front, leaving tray off for last. Install dv+ which took no more than 5 minutes. Drop allen wrench again but this time without the tray so it hit the floor. It is cold and rainy right now and my hands were cold. Not a good combo for us Socal weather people.

With dv+ installed, put the tray back on and went for a drive. It's raining out so was getting lots of wheels spin but car felt perfectly normal without the waviness in the power it had before. Foot on the floor made little perceived difference but mid throttle acceleration felt the way it should be from the factory.

Time for a bottle of wine.....

Mark

· Registered
291 Posts
first drive on mine today other than 5 minute test drive the other day, and no lights came on.

· Registered
291 Posts
I didn't channel the fonz when I dropped by Allen down in the tray. My hands and side are still sore from that stupid mistake. Oh well.....

· Registered
291 Posts
sorry if this request may be redundant but I'm not pretty sure on what I've read until now. I've purchased the GFB valve for my Abarth and I'm in the process of installing it: should I fit it WITH the main central spring or WITHOUT it?

thanks for your help
I used their parts only, and LOVE how my car is running.

Reactions: Greg
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.