Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

The Go Fast Bits (GFB) DV+

118K views 324 replies 95 participants last post by  17221 
ok, just finished installing and testing the car.
The bad news is that I've broken the stock valve during unassembling: even if I was really careful in the removal of the black ring I've broken it because it's really fragile...and this made me quite disappointed.

The car runs smooth, I didn't notice any difference during fast gear changes (there was a lag before and now there is still a lag which looks pretty similar) but where I found a difference is when a go back to the pedal after a longer release (for example exiting from a curve): in such case the response is a little bit faster and I feel the boost rising-up quickier.
Honestly, I was also expecting an improvement during gear changes, but my feeling is that I'd ned to work on the DBW mapping to make it faster.
Don't worry about it...you are one of many who have broke that fragile piece of junk. The edges of mine cracked also. Had no intentions of ever going back so I don't care. Enjoy the ride.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.