Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, i noticed that the mpg indicator was flashing crazy readouts constantly, like 90 mpg to 4 mpg to 55 mpg to 22 mpg. Has anyone experienced this? Not a big deal or critical but I will definitely get it checked out if it continues.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's not a MPG indicator, it is...

Today, i noticed that the mpg indicator was flashing crazy readouts constantly, like 90 mpg to 4 mpg to 55 mpg to 22 mpg. Has anyone experienced this? Not a big deal or critical but I will definitely get it checked out if it continues.
A "Mood Indicator Light" ... at 90 mpg, it makes you smile and laugh, and at 4 mpg, it makes you grumpy and sad... LOL
But all kidding aside, yes it is set at instantaneous mode. There is nothing to get fixed.
Grandpa Bill
Austin, Tx;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you push the mode button on the left side of the steering wheel, the one between the >>> and the <<<, you can cycle between Average MPG, Current MPG, Average Speed and Range to Empty. When you get low on gas during cross country treks the R to E modes is handy. The most I have gotten out of it was about 5 miles past 0. When I filled up, I still could not get 11.9 gallons in it.

Reactions: NYProf

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK John, I must have hit something that changed the settings because it was not going crazy before today.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Per owner's manual:
Trip Computer And InfoSwitch
The following information can be selected by pushing the INFO switch on the steering wheel with the ignition in the ON position:
  • Distance-to-empty (approximatedistance you can travel on the available fuel).
  • Average fuel economy.
  • Current fuel economy.
  • Average vehicle speed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Like Seamus says...

OK, so how do I change the setting?
You can cycle through each of the settings and set it to the one you like. I set it a miles to empty, but on long trips, I will set it to current mpg to see what I'm getting on the highway at various speeds, a/c on off, etc.
Bill.:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
OK John, I must have hit something that changed the settings because it was not going crazy before today.
I really don't like that combo button. Sometimes when I am cycling through the modes, I inadvertently change the radio station.

Reactions: NYProf

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone, I appreciate the info. I never even noticed the info button so I'm sure I hit it by mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts