Rush -Red Barchetta
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Cake - The Distance
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
The Hollies - Long Cool Woman
Lynyard Skynyard - Simple Man
Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun

top down, screaming up The Merritt Parkway, best way i know to start my day.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you love classic well this will let your ABARTH get plenty if tickets.

Gioacchino Rossini - La gazza ladra - Overture
Normally Opera Overture are great, another option is William Tell, Barber of Seville and so on. OK O SOLE MIO

Reactions: Butterpants

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Aw i love some classical -actually I love all kinds of music.
Here is a good take on ride of the Valkaries by Chicha Libre! A bit of latin flair...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well i got my new Abarth and it is wonderful!
Looks like the two songs i keep going to are the following:
Sick Muse -Metric "I'll write you Harmony in C..."

World on Fire -stick Figure

·
Banned
3,050 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
My song may not be for everyone but still to this day, almost 30 years later still gets me going.
No need to keep reading if you’re not a U2 fan but their song “Until The End Of The World” just hits every note for me. This is a song I play when I drive at night, top down and find some less crowded mountain road here in Colorado.

The song starts with a weird wah wah pedal sound then Adam Clayton starts with sweet bass line. I drive a little faster. Next up Larry Mullen Jr starts in with a great drum beat. Going faster. The Edge’s unmistakable guitar then kicks in and I turn up the volume..and yes go faster. Of course Bono comes next and does what Bono does best. Then mid song, the Edge rips into a great solo and I drop gears and power through some curves. The song just makes me push the car. And the car responds perfectly. The Colorado cold evening air feels great as the engine’s heat keeps me warm. I can honestly say I still get goosebumps when I hear that song. Great thread Butterpants.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Jazz, in particular for me jazz through the 1950s and '60s. The Bop, Cool, and Hard Bop eras provide a wonderful aural experience in the quiet, rolling countryside during a warm, top-down summer evening drive. This is not elevator music. I also enjoy a lot of New Orleans and Afro-Cuban jazz from over the decades, some of this stuff will really wake you up. (I'm looking forward to XR's audio upgrade for my car. It will be like a rolling jazz-in-the-park concert.)

Check Youtube for samples of artists from those times. And you might be surprised if you check your local public library for CDs by these and other jazz artists.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~asi/musi212/margaret/martist.html

https://www.thoughtco.com/ten-bebop-musicians-2039549

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_New_Orleans

About a dozen years ago, absolutely sick and tired of commercial radio and the local rock station's limited, corporate offerings, I went to the bottom of the dial and started searching up the FM band. The second station I hit was the Minneapolis Public School station KBEM, Jazz 88.5 FM. That is where the dial has been set ever since. They stream live online, too. (As I write on Saturday morning, you'll hear their incredible weekly bluegrass show that runs from 7am-noon.)
http://www.jazz88.fm/

I don't subscribe anymore, but Sirius/XM Ch. 67, Real Jazz, will give you a solid jazz foundation as well, with a variety of genre shows throughout the week. Everything except elevator music!

Give it a try, you might be surprised. I'm not a hard core aficionado, just a really interested casual listener, learning all the time and enjoying it for what it is- great music. Music was always just background sound for me, but jazz has made me an interested music follower. I now have a USB chip running over 3000 jazz songs.

Steve.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The Chain, Fleetwood Mac. Discussion over, close the thread ;)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
My wife cannot stand my more moody tastes, so I have compiled an upbeat playlist for her when she is in the car that includes bands such as Nine Inch Nails, Combichrist, Suicide Commando, Front Line Assembly, White Stripes, Marylin Manson, etc. The wife is pleased.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts