Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About five months ago I bought a 2017 spider Lusso. I live in Southern California about 30 miles from the coast at an elevation of about 2000 feet where we experience extremely hot summers; around 100 to 110°F and very dry.
My daily, and most enjoyable, drive is down the mountain winding road for about 8 miles then back up again. I only put about 7,000 miles a year on a car. No question because of the enjoyment of driving up and down the mountain my mileage will be more like 9 or 10,000 as I often look for excuses to drive it.
My driving habits are more about handling rather than speed so my question is; is a thermal blanket recommended?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi, 100%................Get One ! The youtube video tests show MASSIVE reduction in heat saving potential bonnet hood paint damage and toasting your electrics. Full SP was done in a thread entitles something like, Three Intrepid Members go head to head in the 2020 Thermal Blanket test" (or something like that) the popuar PTP volcanic rock one, the SILA Titanium one and a "Home Made" but super efficient "Arthur" special...ALL DID WELL ! Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
52 Posts
I live in south Georgia where summer temps range from 90-100 (100+ sometimes). I installed the PTP lava turbo blanket in August and have been amazed at the heat reduction. Now that the temps are cooler, I can drive for a couple of hour around town and the hood won't even be hot. It's a lot of gain for not much outlay. Do it!

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
52 Posts
Unclear if it will be 10% off during EC’s sale starting tomorrow night.

I’m hoping so. Either way, I’m buying it. Only question is: Red???
I think the lava only comes in one color, a kind of bronzy color. I don't know anything about the other ones, but I believe people in this forum have used them successfully. If I hadn't gone with the lava, the red would have been my choice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts