Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it!

I own a company that's been making performance parts for domestic sport compacts (I started with a 1996 Neon ACR) back in 1997, and have been looking at a replacement for our D-Modified SCCA Solo2 racing flagship, which we sold a couple years ago. Now that Fiat is part of the Mopar family, I've been looking at a 124 Spider. Yes, I know the 124 is, in a way, a rebadged Miata, but I'm already familiar with the engine (not available in the Miata, correct?) as I have the same engine in my 2013 Dart Rallye. I think I've taken our Dart as far as I reasonably can, but it's really too heavy and slow to autocross. The same engine in a smaller, lighter package- and knowing the Miata's long reputation as a capable Solo2 car- have me thinking a 124 might be the way to go, as both a starting point, and a fun car to modify like our '96 Neon was. I have other vehicles for hauling the family and cargo, so basically I'm looking for opinions on what everyone thinks of this THAT ALREADY OWN ONE as far as MPG, acceleration, cornering, and any little annoyances or perks that come to mind. Especially if you're into SCCA Solo2 racing!

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts