Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, here are my three questions:

1. I can't find this forum in Tapatalk, which is hands-down the best app for forums. Any plans for that?

2. Using the browser to access this forum, I can't find the setting to pull up only unread posts for a thread. It's a pain having to scroll through already-read posts each time I revisit a thread.

3. Again, using the browser (Safari for iOS 10.0.7) to access this forum, each time I pause text dictation, I get extra spaces introduced in the portion of the text I just completed. Never had that happen on other forums or elsewhere. And the auto-suggestion for word alternatives is disabled. Why?

EDIT: Fourth bonus question: How do you "mark as read" all unread threads?

Please don't suggest AutoGuide – NOT a fan.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can answer your bonus question - Under the TOOLS drop down, Quick Links and Mark Forums Read. I think there should really be a button at the top and bottom of every page.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can answer your bonus question - Under the TOOLS drop down, Quick Links and Mark Forums Read. I think there should really be a button at the top and bottom of every page.
Thanks, that worked! One down, three to go.

Oh, and is anybody else experience problems with pages hanging, i.e., not loading? Sometimes I have to refresh multiple times, although my connection is very fast. The whole site seems very buggy which I never experience elsewhere.

·
Administrator
410 Posts
Hey there

#1 Tapatalk is almost always a suggestion we are open to. What does the rest of the community think?

#2 What view are you in on your mobile in your browser? The Full site, the mobile or the Enhanced Mobile? Full Site New Posts is top center, Mobile is "Today's Posts" in the Menu, and Enhanced Mobile is in the top left menu.

#3 I've never heard of anyone trying the text dictation option, so I'm not very familiar with this. We'll have to do some troubleshooting on that. Is there a particular app you use for this? Whether it's downloaded, or already on your device, the name/version of it helps with our troubleshooting.
Further to that, have you tried another browser with your text dictation? It could be a compatibility issue with Safari itself.

Double bonus in post #3 - if you notice the site hanging on a particular URL, please take note of it and report it. If you don't notice anything that stands out, let us know what you were trying to do, and what time it happened (and timezone).

Triple bonus in post #4 - again, need to know which site view you are on, and in which forum you find these to not be working. It's all in the details.

Dayle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whenever I open this forum on my iPhone I get a prompt to open the forum in tapatalk. But I can't find the forum there. Is it listed differently there? If not, then why do I keep getting a prompt to download Tapatalk?

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I'm on other forums with Tapatalk and I hate it and always check the "Regular Forum" box when mobile. Maybe just me.

Dictation? LMAO. I wish I could check a box on my Apple devices that says No.....never.....and don't ever ask me again. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
HAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

This absolutely made my day!

I'm on other forums with Tapatalk and I hate it and always check the "Regular Forum" box when mobile. Maybe just me.

Dictation? LMAO. I wish I could check a box on my Apple devices that says No.....never.....and don't ever ask me again. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you are see the tapatalk prompt, what device are you using and what skin option are you on?

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda
I'm am using an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2.1. I don't know what a skin option is. And it isn't giving me the tapatalk prompt anymore. So who knows?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Administrator
410 Posts
Hey there

When you dismiss the prompt it should stay gone until you clear your browser data again.

Tapatalk has not been activated on this site, so that's why you wouldn't be able to find it. It is installed though, which is why you get prompts. I asked back in September if anyone would be interested but there didn't seem to be any demand - has the community changed their minds? Let's get a few more people to chime in.

Dayle

·
Administrator
1,881 Posts
Hey there

When you dismiss the prompt it should stay gone until you clear your browser data again.

Tapatalk has not been activated on this site, so that's why you wouldn't be able to find it. It is installed though, which is why you get prompts. I asked back in September if anyone would be interested but there didn't seem to be any demand - has the community changed their minds? Let's get a few more people to chime in.

Dayle
Dayle,

I would love to see a tapatalk option for this forum. I frequently visit other forums on Tapatalk and believe this functionality would be very beneficial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts