Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fitted rear Whiteline sway bar and end links with no problems but I'm not up for trying the fronts. For those that have done the fronts - how long should it take a decent mechanic to do this, bearing in mind they will likely never have worked on a 124 before?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I can’t really answer the question, time wise for a professional mechanic, but they are ‘right there’ and not awkward to get to at all. I had them off while doing the front sway bar, and didn’t see any issues (well, apart from if they were a rusty ball of nastiness, then that is always a problem ).

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I can’t really answer the question, time wise for a professional mechanic, but they are ‘right there’ and not awkward to get to at all. I had them off while doing the front sway bar, and didn’t see any issues (well, apart from if they were a rusty ball of nastiness, then that is always a problem ).
I'm guessing Haggis meant how long to do both the bar and the end-links?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm guessing Haggis meant how long to do both the bar and the end-links?
Ah, saw 'plural' on the fronts so thought just meant links - which, now thinking about it doesn't make much sense to just change out the links...

·
Banned
3,017 Posts
4-5 hours for a decent mechanic.

$150-175 labor for both sway bars in Puerto Rico

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I had an independent mechanic, one who also works on some racing vehicles, install both front and rear bars (I kept the factory links), and he was done in about 3+ hours. His attention was focused solely on my car that day, he wasn't distracted by other things that Saturday morning (customers, phone, FedEx, etc.)

Steve.

·
Vendor
3,124 Posts
I would figure about 4 hours for a typical person with no experience on the car.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts