Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately for financial reasons I had to sell my 2019 Abarth. It was fun while it lasted - at least 890 miles worth LOL.

If anyone is in the same situation, I was able to sell my car for $1,000 more than I paid for it new. I sold it to Carvana - they gave me an online quote and picked it up 3 days later, transferring the proceeds directly into my account. Easiest auto sale I have ever done.

Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous year - until we meet again!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Unfortunately for financial reasons I had to sell my 2019 Abarth. It was fun while it lasted - at least 890 miles worth LOL.

If anyone is in the same situation, I was able to sell my car for $1,000 more than I paid for it new. I sold it to Carvana - they gave me an online quote and picked it up 3 days later, transferring the proceeds directly into my account. Easiest auto sale I have ever done.

Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous year - until we meet again!

View attachment 84317
Hi and "Sorry" to hear of your (any) forced sale, but if it helps with your situation then "Well Done" and Thank You for sharing this valuable information with The Brother and Sisterhood her at 124spider.org. Best Wishes and Cheers
ron

Reactions: Kent and PicassoPC

·
Registered
428 Posts
The silver lining of being forced to sell a car for financial reasons is now is the best time in history to do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Mini Clubman that I might sell. The dealer I just bought my Abarth from said that Carvana is paying crazy high prices for cars right now.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Everyone is paying crazy prices right now.

Vroom, Carvana and Carmax lead the pack, in that order.

Reactions: PicassoPC

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think they would be buying high, if they didn't also think prices were gonna keep going up. I hold on to mine.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't think they would be buying high, if they didn't also think prices were gonna keep going up. I hold on to mine.
It's anyone's guess. A year ago, no one predicted the new vehicle supply would grind to a halt and used vehicles to skyrocket to insanity. We can speculate that chip shortages/plant shutdowns will keep the market propped up... but there are only so many people willing to pay absurd prices on BaT before prices are forced downward again.

Where I think the market is headed next is away from enthusiasts and to fleet-type vehicles as car rental places are desperate to replenish before people start traveling again. So if you have a base model Altima, now's the time to sell.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It’s really hard to predict where the market will go.

Work From Home has many households reevaluating their vehicle needs, often ditching the efficient but boring Prius that served so well for commuting, for a much more fun vehicle to take out on weekends.

Despite all this push for electrification, the bulk of people in need of personal transportation are going to continue driving their gasoline vehicles for many more years.

If you are getting married, moving to the burbs and having kids, buying an EV is the farthest thing from your preoccupations.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What strange times we live in. Governments printing money like there's no tomorrow, explosive currency inflation, insufficient supply due to plant shut-downs / inventory sell-offs, and pent-up demand being unleashed.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
Best to you. Great you got the price for your Spider. On the price issue, I just bought a 5,900 mile 2018 Giulia ti Lusso for $9,000 under retail. From an Alfa dealer no less. Just got lucky I guess.

Reactions: PicassoPC
1 - 12 of 12 Posts