Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to upgrade my wheels on an Abarth 124 model what offset would I have to go with if I was running a 17x8 or 18x7.5 inch wheel if I want to flush the wheel with the fender without rolling or adding negative camber? Also suggested tire size. It's not lowered yet but there's a possibility of doing so in the future and I do not want to experience any rubbing. Thanks guys for any input

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hello and Welcome by the way......We have a GREAT trader operates here called Brian Goodwin, go to the correct section and you will get sorted there, for sure

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I wanted to upgrade my wheels on an Abarth 124 model what offset would I have to go with if I was running a 17x8 or 18x7.5 inch wheel if I want to flush the wheel with the fender without rolling or adding negative camber? Also suggested tire size. It's not lowered yet but there's a possibility of doing so in the future and I do not want to experience any rubbing. Thanks guys for any input
Welcome,

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wouldn't go with an 18 inch wheel just for weight reasons, but for a 17x8 running a 225/45/17 tire with an offset of 40-45mm should be pretty flush. If you go lower in offset, you can compensate by running a skinnier 215/45 tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't go with an 18 inch wheel just for weight reasons, but for a 17x8 running a 225/45/17 tire with an offset of 40-45mm should be pretty flush. If you go lower in offset, you can compensate by running a skinnier 215/45 tire.
Thank you so much. Very helpful. Do you have any recommendations on a cat back system?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you so much. Very helpful. Do you have any recommendations on a cat back system?
System One exhaust from Goodwin Racing. It has a swappable resonator in the midpipe, so you can run with zero muffling at all, or run a resonator. It also has a helmholtz resonator that prevents any drone on the highway. It is a complete package and it sounds amazing, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts