Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just realized my 124 didn't come with a tire jack. I know there's no spare tire and the flat tire kit with tow hooks but the slot for the tire jack is empty. Did your guys car come with one from the dealership?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just realized my 124 didn't come with a tire jack. I know there's no spare tire and the flat tire kit with tow hooks but the slot for the tire jack is empty. Did your guys car come with one from the dealership?
The US models do not come with a jack. Some members have bought the ND Miata jack as the Spider has basically the same jack points as the ND. It is also an exact fit for the space in the trunk.

Reactions: jetlag

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
This is what I bought EBAY

then this Ebay

then you'll need this to make it all work ebay

but you can probably get it in a kit from some site...

also a good read

aloha mike

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
784 Posts
Forum member Deyeme Racing has them on his web site...jack and tool kit fit exactly in he provided space. I bought one for me and one for my friend. Excellent service and fast shipping. Google him.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Sorry for asking a stupid question, what's the purpose to have a jack, when you don't have a spare tire. :confused:
I have tire plugs and the compressor that came with the car. I have a spare jack at my place which I use to rotate the tires.

So why carry extra weight and take place.:(

That extra space makes put my golf bag in the trunk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Or you can carry a Miata "doughnut" spare on long trips for peace of mind!!!
I went with a spare tire from a 2012 Prius C (shares the center bore diameter as the ND/F platform); however I'd need to get a 5mm spacer if I want to clear the rear calipers.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Some kind stranger might take you and your wheel into town, so that you can have your tire repaired/replaced, and that can't happen without your jack... ;)
Some idiot might swap from aftermarket back to stock wheels and leave the centering rings on the hubs. Fixing that in a strip mall carpark when the OEMs almost fall off can't happen without your jack...;):eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry for asking a stupid question, what's the purpose to have a jack, when you don't have a spare tire. :confused:
I have tire plugs and the compressor that came with the car. I have a spare jack at my place which I use to rotate the tires.

So why carry extra weight and take place.:(

That extra space makes put my golf bag in the trunk
Getting the tire off the ground allows you to rotate the tire to plug a flat. Rotate a flat on the car's weight, and you could drive the tire off the rim of the wheel. No plug kit is going to fix it, then. Also gives clearance to get something out that might be stuck under the car or in a wheel well. Even without a spare, a jack can be handy. And as was mentioned, there are spares that fit.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If you put a spare tire, then I agree. But other then that, I have fixed flat tire(plug) with tire on
front tire is no problem you could steer, rear the're 1/4 of the tire exposed. You could still instert a plug, unless it is on the inside, but then again on a radial it's dangerous to plug the wall of the tire.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Deyeme Racing

emergency jack kit
click on 2019 and then 124 spider...scoll down and look for the kit
there you go!

mahalo @Deyeme Racing

aloha mike
Thanks for the link info Mike. I just placed an order for one, and while I was at it, send a note to the Deyenne Racing site admin to fix the error in their database for Canadian province abbreviations. If someone from British Columbia orders from them, the provincial abbreviation defaults to AB... which is Alberta. That would be like shipping to Chicago in the state of California. lol

Not a problem for me personally, as I live in Alberta. Just trying to help out my compatriots on the other side of the hill.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Thanks for the link info Mike. I just placed an order for one, and while I was at it, send a note to the Deyenne Racing site admin to fix the error in their database for Canadian province abbreviations. If someone from British Columbia orders from them, the provincial abbreviation defaults to AB... which is Alberta. That would be like shipping to Chicago in the state of California. lol

Not a problem for me personally, as I live in Alberta. Just trying to help out my compatriots on the other side of the hill.
...and they emailed me back to thank me for catching it and advising me that they fixed the issue in their system. Now that's both responsive and good quality customer service. I got my jack this week, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to mount it in the trunk. I know there are some photos on here somewhere that show how to do this, and that's what I'm searchign for now. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
...and they emailed me back to thank me for catching it and advising me that they fixed the issue in their system. Now that's both responsive and good quality customer service. I got my jack this week, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to mount it in the trunk. I know there are some photos on here somewhere that show how to do this, and that's what I'm searchign for now. :)

Hope this helps! The pic is the passenger / right side fenderwell area of the trunk. There's a metal ledge for the jack to rest on and a threaded hole for the handled screw / retainer. The jack bag can tuck into that area, too.

And thanks again. If you were curious, the problem was that all the states and provinces used to be "hard coded." I switched it to read from a file, and had the wrong abbreviation in the file on the server. Oops!

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Hope this helps! The pic is the passenger / right side fenderwell area of the trunk. There's a metal ledge for the jack to rest on and a threaded hole for the handled screw / retainer. The jack bag can tuck into that area, too.

And thanks again. If you were curious, the problem was that all the states and provinces used to be "hard coded." I switched it to read from a file, and had the wrong abbreviation in the file on the server. Oops!
Thanks for the photo... I managed to find the same one on Ameridan's site, and used it to mount the jack I purchased from you last night. Fits like a glove. Thank you for a great product and great service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts