Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recurrent activation of tire air pressure indicator. Fiat mechanics can clear & reset, however, the fix is very short term. The tire pressure in all tires remains unchanged & no reason for monitor to chime. Indicator light remains illuminated & chime sounds when ignition engages. Fiat mechanics said that they’ve seen this in other 2017 Spiders.
They believe there will be a software update. Called FCA Canada & they have no recall
pertaining to same. They have assigned a case number accordingly & if other owners
call & report the issue, Fiat Canada will surely respond to the concern. FCA Canada can be reached at (800)465-2001.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks for your reply...Classica model
Just in case they somehow overlooked this (and you don't state how long you have owned the car) - you should make sure the pressure system is properly initialized and not just reset. See the below from the manual:

Initialization Method
Proceed as follows:
1. Park the car in a safe place and
firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Be sure the tires are cool, then
adjust the tire pressure of all four (4)
tires to the specified pressure indicated
on the tire placard label located on the
driver's door frame (door open).
3. Place the ignition in the ON mode.
4. While the vehicle is parked, press
and hold the TPMS system set switch
and verify that the warning light in
the instrument cluster flashes twice and
a beep sound is heard once.
Note:
If the system initialization is
performed without adjusting the tire
pressure, the system cannot detect the
normal tire pressure and it may not
illuminate the warning light even if a
tire pressure is low, or it may illuminate
the light even if the pressures are
normal.

Adjust the tire pressure on all four
tires and initialize the system when the
warning light is turned on. If the
warning light turns on for a reason
other than a flat tire, the tire pressure of
all four tires may have decreased
naturally.
The system initialization will not be
performed if the switch is pressed
while the vehicle is being driven

Reactions: Keeffer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply...I have purchased 3 weeks ago from a Toronto area Fiat dealer. It was a demonstrator with 4600 km odometer reading.
I live in the London area & now deal with a London Fiat dealer’s mechanic that is assuring me he’s following proper procedure. However, I will be sharing your response with him.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would add that it's very easy to do yourself rather than wait to take it in. At least you could eliminate it as a possibility. Takes about 10 seconds.
K

QUOTE=Keeffer;286425]Thanks for your reply...I have purchased 3 weeks ago from a Toronto area Fiat dealer. It was a demonstrator with 4600 km odometer reading.
I live in the London area & now deal with a London Fiat dealer’s mechanic that is assuring me he’s following proper procedure. However, I will be sharing your response with him.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Keeffer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts