Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what you can do. Find a hair product cap that is about 2 inches in diameter. Take a Dremel tool and cut the center of the cap out. Shorten the cap to 1.25 inches. Use Velcro to shrink the circumference of the cap so it will slide nicely on the command knob. I used sticky Velcro fuzzy side to stick to the inside of the cap. Then used the Velcro used to tie up computer cables (hooks on one side, fuzzy on the other) to get to the correct circumference. Then i finished if off with these 50mm Emblem Stickers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-ABARTH-Fiat-50-mm-Wheel-center-caps-Emblem-Sticker-Decal-Badge-Silicone/152550195250?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nifty fix you've got there, I'm glad it worked for you, and maybe others, too.

But this is just one more reason I'm happier with the basic radio system of my Classica, no knobs and buttons right where my arm hangs out.

Steve.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Here is what you can do. Find a hair product cap that is about 2 inches in diameter. Take a Dremel tool and cut the center of the cap out. Shorten the cap to 1.25 inches. Use Velcro to shrink the circumference of the cap so it will slide nicely on the command knob. I used sticky Velcro fuzzy side to stick to the inside of the cap. Then used the Velcro used to tie up computer cables (hooks on one side, fuzzy on the other) to get to the correct circumference. Then i finished if off with these 50mm Emblem Stickers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-ABARTH-Fiat-50-mm-Wheel-center-caps-Emblem-Sticker-Decal-Badge-Silicone/152550195250?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It works great.
This is actually a problem? In 10 months I don't think I've ever bumped it unintentionally. Interesting solution, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I am just more fidgety than you are. i'm bumping that darn thing all the time and screwing up the nav screen. My wife has an even harder time time with it. I have a manual, don't know what you have but an auto might have less of a problem with no shifting.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It looks nice but how does it avoid the bumping problem? Not really an issue for me but does look cool.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Q. How does it avoid the bumping problem?
A. The cap rests on the bezel surrounding the commander knob, so pressing down on it does not engage the knob.

Darrel - Nice simple solution for those that are always bumping the knob, and easily removed when you do want to use the knob. Since I have an automatic, I don't have an issue with the knob, but know that Mazda's cockpit designers feel that it is in a near perfect position for manual shift drivers in the RHD configuration. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bump mine occasionally... kinda irritating but not a big problem. If you have a manual and rest your arm on the armrest center console and drive a manual stick, you will bump the knob because it sits close to the height of the armrest and not to mention the manual knob is on the shorter end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts