Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with tire size. I have a 2017 spider Abarth and would like to put 225/45/17 In the rear and was wondering if it would fit without rubbing.
tux

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Easily......bean discussed lots....tyre charts and everything so no problem...quite a few of us have 215/45 R17 which are perfect for the Spider and Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are THE BEST ! Top marks in all comparison tests UK anyway, though plenty of you guys buy them too....Cheers
ron

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm running them on eibach lowering springs no rubbing no problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easily......bean discussed lots....tyre charts and everything so no problem...quite a few of us have 215/45 R17 which are perfect for the Spider and Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are THE BEST ! Top marks in all comparison tests UK anyway, though plenty of you guys buy them too....Cheers
ron
Thank you and that’s what I thought you were gonna say lol.
I really wanted to go up to a 225 I think it would look so much better.
what you think
Thx

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Thank you and that’s what I thought you were gonna say lol.
I really wanted to go up to a 225 I think it would look so much better.
what you think
Thx
Step up is what they call it......and the recommended step up is one size, however...they also say 205/215/225 max in the official guides, so yep, you are still okay, but....though it won't affect you if you only go 225, resistance to change direction by having a BIG wider tread "could" ruin the handling. As long as you are on 7.5 J alloys stick to the guidelines for best everything, inertia, grip, handling only go over 225 if you change alloys to 8 J. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Step up is what they call it......and the recommended step up is one size, however...they also say 205/215/225 max in the official guides, so yep, you are still okay, but....though it won't affect you if you only go 225, resistance to change direction by having a BIG wider tread "could" ruin the handling. As long as you are on 7.5 J alloys stick to the guidelines for best everything, inertia, grip, handling only go over 225 if you change alloys to 8 J. Cheers
ron
Thank you so much I really appreciate your feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts