Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I lurk on forums and rarely post anything unless I've something I need, however nobody on here has said anything about TMC Motorsport so I guess I'll have to do it.
I've had my Lusso Plus since January this year and have loved every minute of it, except that annoying lag when accelerating out of a 30 limit and the occasional judder when using the speed limiter to force good behaviour and avoid nasty surprises in the post from the speed cameras in those 30 limits. To this end I have installed the GFB DV+ based on the information in these forums, this has provided smoother and more predictable turbo delivery but didn't cure the whole problem. I was going to order parts from EuroCompulsion and get their Euro+Drive tuning box, but when I converted $ to £, added shipping, Import Duty and VAT (in that order because thats how HMRC works out what you owe them) I decided I'd look for an EU supplier of similar services. This has lead me to Daron and TMC Motorsport, they sell a different brand of tuning box (Alientech Powergate) but the process appears to be much the same (although not having an EC tune I can't compare). TMC are based in Belfast so no Import Duty.
Anyway, long story short. I asked Daron if he could cure the problem I was having & uploaded an ECU map to him. The next day I got back an updated map and after a few problems (turns out the engine has to be warm to get the map to apply?) loaded the map into the car. I've just got back from a very short jaunt and everything appears to be as advertised, and a lot more pocket friendly than getting stuff shipped from outside Europe. I'll be doing the 50 mile round trip to the office tomorrow with plenty of motorway so I'll get a proper feel for it then, but so far I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Good to hear someone trying out TMC, they have some good products.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Well that's not nice :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly my thoughts. I tried with a cold engine at first (in the rain and everything, its grim up north) and just got an error when I tried to apply the map. Emailed the logs to TMC and was told to warm it up and try again, so I did and it worked with no quibbles.

·
Registered
529 Posts
HUGE fan of TMC here !!!!

When I was modifying my A5oo I purchased a lot of stuff from OS and without a shadow of a doubt TMC Motorsports have been the by far the most peasant and professional to deal with – by a long shot. Not dissing any NA suppliers – its just that I have a Euro A5oo and the vast majority of modding parts come from Europe……..that, and with the few times I enquired with a US supplier the shipping (for whatever reason) from the States to Australia can be (not always) sooooooo expensive.

Example: I purchased Team Dynamics wheels from TMC. One of my wheels' paint decided to craze - much like old porcelain. Not good, I thought as I purchased these from the UK getting a warranty claim would be impossible - so I thought, as shipping the wheel back would does not make sense!!

I took a photo send to TMC Motorsports & they sorted it all out with Rimstock. They arranged a repair with the local Team Dynamics distributor. I dropped it off, they arranged to repair the wheel (which included removing all the existing paint and powder coating with new paint). The distributor were not convinced with the colour match and did it again without me saying a word. All fixed with a minimum of fuss

One thing I will also say - I am a bit surprised with the lack of 124 modding parts available in Europe

TBH - when comparing different suppliers form Europe and NA sometimes its the shipping that determines my final choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts