Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I am jealous, plain and simple. it will be another 60-90 days before I can bring mine home.

Many congratulations to you!

Steve.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Gelato is faster than red. Once the excitement dies down, post pics. Congratulations, it should be a great day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had my Biano Gelato Abarth for three weeks now!

Today I pick up my Abarth in Gelato! Can't begin to tell you how excited I am. That car is just one big smile to me!
Totally understand your excitement. I have already put over 2,000 miles on my Abarth and can't wait to upload my Euro Compulsion Flash Tune.
;)Drew

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked the car up at noon, 5 hours later, I am home. I've been driving every single windy mountain road around here. Drove it in Automatic, then in manual/paddle. Added sport mode in.

What a fun car!

Stopped off midway through and got myself a Starbucks. Twice, I watched people stop and study the car. Guess it's hard to figure out what it's about: The car has no obvious "Fiat" markings since the front and back badges only say "Abarth" on it.

I really love this car for so many reasons...

Okay, off to let my son take it for a spin!

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Congratulations

You are not in the US then seeing as you have Abarth branding.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good stuff!

Drove mine out of NYC traffic then up the Palisades Parkway. 25 miles of bliss!

Took the wife around the block, she's a tough sell but not miserable. she'll come around.

Then let my sons best friend take it for a spin. All good.

Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One bit of advice, Be Careful before you drift around corners. The first time I pushed through a tight corner (drifting) I had not disengaged traction control and it was not fun. Seemed like the car tried to straighten itself out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congratulations

You are not in the US then seeing as you have Abarth branding.
US Abarths have Abarth logos on the hood. They say Fiat on the steering wheel, though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't been able to get a glamour shot yet because it's been raining here non stop, however I let my son drive it to his prom. I think he enjoyed the car and the attention he got from it, more than he did the actual prom!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Haven't been able to get a glamour shot yet because it's been raining here non stop, however I let my son drive it to his prom. I think he enjoyed the car and the attention he got from it, more than he did the actual prom!
Was his prom date impressed? By the car, or by his gentlemanly manners shown in the photo?

Steve.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts