Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
950 Posts
I’m sorry, but your just going to have to trust me. I really don’t want to get into a back and forth about an issue that 99.99% of spider owners will never be concerned about. But it’s the same reason why they don’t want you to put tire chains on the rear wheels.

The type of dif shouldn’t make a dif. The auto has a torque converter, so they should be fine, but to be safe I would still turn it off. I am not talking about rallying speeds. We’re talking 20-25 mph.

And if some disagree, that’s fine with me…really…I care, but I don’t care. It’s your car. Do with it as you will. It was just a friendly tip.

Getting back to the original post, I never drive with the top down when it rains. If I am on the freeway and it looks like there might be a threat of rain, I just keep the top up since there is no quick, safe way to pullover and put the top up.

· Registered
950 Posts
Who are "they"? I apologize if you interpret this as confrontational, but I don't know where/how you are getting your information.

From page 182 of my owner's manual:

View attachment 93530
Page 205 from my manual. My 124 spider manual.

JC

In my job, we had an old joke. “Turn left 20 degrees”. “Why?” “Noise abatement“ I shouldn’t have to explain the rest of the joke. In short, just effing do it…I know what I’m doing. And I’m not going to waste the energy explaining it to you.

But as I already said, I don’t care. You do do Scotty P, no um sayin.
Font Material property Gas Motor vehicle Signage

· Registered
950 Posts
Sorry, you're so sensitive, but I'm not doing anything (especially if it's wrong) just because you, or anyone else for that matter, tells me to "just effing do it". You go ahead and jump off that bridge, I'm staying right here.

Just as a public service, (unless you have the only front wheel drive 124 Spider in North America) I would ask FIAT to fix that typo in your owner's manual if I were you.

Snow Tire Chains Explained: How Tire Chains Work & When to Use Them | etrailer.com
The just do it comment was what another pilot told the flight crew of a 747 that needed to descend immediately because of ash fouling and after a prolonged back and forth conversation with atc.

You said present evidence, I did, (it’s not a typo) yet you still don’t believe. Sounds familiar.

Audi 5000 y’all.

p.s. So much for friendly advice. Why I came back to this forum I’ll never know. Ugh

· Registered
950 Posts
Sorry, last quote by a coworker I heard telling a pilot when he said there must be some confusion. “There is no confusion sir, your just not doing what I’m telling you to do.” Oh the days. Too much fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts