Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
A bit off-topic, but related: I used to drive my TR-7 on cool days (40 degrees or more) with the top down, windows up and heater on - very pleasurable on the mountain roads in Colorado - with a hat and jacket of course.

· Registered
524 Posts
I have occasionally got caught in gentle rain and left the top down in a previous convertible, and did eventually get some white bloom growing on carpets behind the seats where you may not notice it, until too late - Best not to do it too often.

Not sure about the link between traction control use and clutch wear though - My understanding was that TC controlled throttle opening, and regulated slip with strategic brake application to individual wheels?

· Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm going to a local dive tonight for dinner. I'm gonna have a great big juicy slaw burger (they don't have slaw burgers so I have to order a plain house burger with a side order of coleslaw), an order of fries and along with these delightful victuals I am going to have a very cold 22 oz. Budweiser ( please refrain from hootin', hollarin' and cat calls). I am going to drive to this local dive with Moonracer's top down and safely stowed away with little to no worry about being caught in or having to drive in the rain because we here in Central Mid-Michigan have seen so little of it in the past 3+ weeks along with our constant warm temps floating in the 90°+ range most days with accompanying cloudless skies that rain is but a faint memory.
Summer ......... the way I remember it as being when I was 9 years old. :cool:

· Registered
950 Posts
Sorry, you're so sensitive, but I'm not doing anything (especially if it's wrong) just because you, or anyone else for that matter, tells me to "just effing do it". You go ahead and jump off that bridge, I'm staying right here.

Just as a public service, (unless you have the only front wheel drive 124 Spider in North America) I would ask FIAT to fix that typo in your owner's manual if I were you.

Snow Tire Chains Explained: How Tire Chains Work & When to Use Them | etrailer.com
The just do it comment was what another pilot told the flight crew of a 747 that needed to descend immediately because of ash fouling and after a prolonged back and forth conversation with atc.

You said present evidence, I did, (it’s not a typo) yet you still don’t believe. Sounds familiar.

Audi 5000 y’all.

p.s. So much for friendly advice. Why I came back to this forum I’ll never know. Ugh

41 - 45 of 45 Posts