Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today it was mid 60's here and gorgeous sunny out!

Went and filled the car up: The gas station attendant here said it was the first time "one of these" had ever pulled up for gas. (In the year I've been wanting this car, I've yet to see one on the roads.)

Grabbed a friend and went for a ride and made a bunch of stops along the way. Each and every time we went back to the car, there were people looking at it.

It really is an amazingly beautiful car. Simple, elegant and fun. I'm so glad I went with fun over practical! How this car is not more popular is beyond me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Today was my first opportunity to drop the top and completely enjoy my beautiful Bianco Gelato Lusso! I agree with nomorecarpools, glad I followed my heart instead of going practical and boring! I love this car so much I think the wife is starting to get jealous!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've had my Lusso since the end of August, driven it over 12000 miles, and the first one I saw on the road was a black one in San Antonio, last week.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been looking since mid-summer last year, and today I saw my first 124 on the road -- a gray, Classico in downtown Pasadena, CA, top down and a red-haired young woman at the wheel. I gave her a thumbs up, but I think she thought I was commenting on her, rather than the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like we all got good weather this weekend. About 15C (60F) in Vancouver, top down both days, worth the wait after long winter. Have only seen one other, a white one, in my travels so far.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sounds like we all got good weather this weekend. About 15C (60F) in Vancouver, top down both days, worth the wait after long winter. Have only seen one other, a white one, in my travels so far.
It's not quite that warm yet here in the Duke City (58F). Should warm up to 63F later today. Anything above 55 and the top is down, and I am looking for a foursome.

Reactions: NYProf and sdlynx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friday and today were both extremely nice, ran my errands with the top down.
I've only seen one other 124 in Central Arkansas. However, I know the dealers near this area have sold several.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Going to be in Austin/Wimberley, Texas from Wednesday through Sunday. The top will not be up!
Ha! Yes, that's my main rule for Little Spidee. The top shall not be up! If the weather's not suitable, like monsoon rains and record-setting blizzards ;), Big Avee (my other set of wheels) gets the duty of hauling my posterior around town. :) Looks like Little Spidee is going to have no problem seeing the roads this week!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts