Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello -
Really appreciate all the responses to my previous Exhaust question and believe me, it helps narrow the 'chase'. With that in mind, anyone have any information regarding a company named 'Top Speed Pro 1' ? They have a nice looking resonated muffler delete system and I have discovered a couple posts. Unfortunately they are now 'out of stock' and I am wondering if anyone has had any recent correspondence with them.
Thanks,
motrcycl

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
74 Posts
Hello -
Really appreciate all the responses to my previous Exhaust question and believe me, it helps narrow the 'chase'. With that in mind, anyone have any information regarding a company named 'Top Speed Pro 1' ? They have a nice looking resonated muffler delete system and I have discovered a couple posts. Unfortunately they are now 'out of stock' and I am wondering if anyone has had any recent correspondence with them.
Thanks,
motrcycl
I purchased their exhaust a few months ago. The company, located in north Texas, makes exhaust for all the high end supercars. Quality is outstanding, all stainless steel, top notch welds. Great customer service.

That being said, I removed that dual resonated Y-pipe and reinstalled my factory muffler after about 3 weeks on my car. Understand that I am a 76 yo grandmother living in a close quarters condo. I like to listen to classical music in the 124, top down at 65mph. The exhaust sound that many of you would like was just too loud for grandma and my neighbors.

Great system, just not my cup-of-tea. If you can pick it up in San Antonio, I will sell it at a discount. No longer have the box to ship it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased their exhaust a few months ago. The company, located in north Texas, makes exhaust for all the high end supercars. Quality is outstanding, all stainless steel, top notch welds. Great customer service.

That being said, I removed that dual resonated Y-pipe and reinstalled my factory muffler after about 3 weeks on my car. Understand that I am a 76 yo grandmother living in a close quarters condo. I like to listen to classical music in the 124, top down at 65mph. The exhaust sound that many of you would like was just too loud for grandma and my neighbors.

Great system, just not my cup-of-tea. If you can pick it up in San Antonio, I will sell it at a discount. No longer have the box to ship it in.
Thank you for the information. I am located in Ohio. Did make it to San Antonio in 1967 for Air Force basic training. 1967 may have been 'the summer of love', but for many it was the Viet Nam time and not too much love went with it. Thanks again for your review.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that it is high quality but the low bass note it produced drove me crazy.
Thank you for the response. I assume the low bass note refers to it being a 'rumble' exhaust sound rather than a higher pitch. I do like a deeper rumble sound, but do not want it to be overpowering. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put one on and love it. No issues with any drone. It can be a little loud the first few minutes while the engine is cold, but after that perfect. I like to play the burbles with the throttle like its a musical instrument.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put one on and love it. No issues with any drone. It can be a little loud the first few minutes while the engine is cold, but after that perfect. I like to play the burbles with the throttle like its a musical instrument.
Thanks fb_Stork. I am on the list to be notified when they receive a shipment. Currently 'Out of Stock'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts