Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
One more question - would I feel the difference between tuned stage 1 (stock parts) - 190PS and stock (Abarth stock 170PS/HP)? Does the 20PS/HP really make a difference?

As I see it it's a great upgrade for Fiat 124, because it would be more like +40-50PS/HP, but not sure about 170PS/HP vs 190PS/HP for EU Abarth. Your opinion?
170 to 190 is only 12% and maybe you wouldn't notice much? I thought it might be similar to the difference between EU Fiat and EU Abarth, ie: 140 to 170 but that's 21% and from my recollection when test driving the Abarth before the Fiat, yes you might notice that difference.

What is the "tuned stage 1" you are talking about?

The main reason I bought the Scara73 intercooler was to eliminate the boost leak from the outlet flange of the intercooler at 1.3 bar, but the second reason was that I could then build on the EC Phase 1 tune I already had (a suggested 203 PS/HP) and go to Phase 2 (a suggested 222 PS/HP) with a good increase in torque also. I certainly noticed the jump from 140 to ~203 for EC Phase 1 (+45%) even with the boost leak at 1.3 bar thus making the actual power increase lower, and I am now just getting used to 140 to 222 (+59%) which feels more because the boost leak has gone and I can reach 1.6 bar now.

If I had an EU Abarth, I would probably still go for the same intercooler to eliminate the leak and benefit from a more modest jump in power from 170 to 203 (+19%) and also still have the option to go further.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have both EC and Tork tunes. They each provide roughly a 20% bump in power and torque in my particular application. You absolutely feel the difference, especially in the midrange.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks very much @Chainringtattoo - @azzura - @MiniDreamCar - @HaZ for chiming in and helping. I really appreciate your input.

Looks like I will be going - probably next year when the season starts - with a tuner in Germany. From what I learned from you guys it looks like it's worth the travel, especially if they can tune it for the car. Will start a log/blog here on the forum about my car soon, so hope to see you there ;)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
My car now has 50+ miles with my new tune and it runs really great.

I will do a Dyno one of these days and post it on my thread.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts