Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Was the Charger aware that you were racing? LOL.

The new charger shuts down 4 cylinders when idling. They just failed to get back on line in a timely manner, lol>:)

Reactions: sharkcohen and jopo

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
An important line from my Tork versus EC tune review that shouldn't be overlooked:

"In my opinion, based entirely on my very subjective, seat-of-the-pants butt dyno,"

I stand by my opinions in that review, but they are entirely that - opinions. There's zero science behind them.

·
Banned
3,046 Posts
@klikai would you be willing to meet up with someone that has a -working- EC Phase 2 tune?

1+ vs P2 would be a fun comparison!

Where do you live?

·
Banned
3,046 Posts
Also, the jokes/pointless comments on a tuned car pulling away from a boat are not appreciated. Show some respect peeps.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Was the Charger aware that you were racing? LOL.
LOL

Yes we were following two mustangs

and punched it the sametime when they did their roll

now I won because of the weight

They had 3 people in the car...3 fat dudes....so that is about at least 250lbs -300 lbs per person extra conservatively

I doubt the car will go any faster with that weight

·
Registered
417 Posts
Also, the jokes/pointless comments on a tuned car pulling away from a boat are not appreciated. Show some respect peeps.
Indeed. I rather like my boat ('09 Challenger R/T). It seats 5, tows my real boat, and fits a wakeboard in the trunk. Try that with a 124! ;)

Right tool for the right job.

I've had people drive up to me in the Challenger and take off. I'd "squeeze" the throttle a bit, then let off. If they thought they won a cookie, that was fine with me. I keep my racing to the race venues.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Well as we say in the Hemi world, R/Ts are slow LOL.

Reactions: Phillip33

·
Banned
3,046 Posts
Brett said the 1+ pretty much requires the intercooler to eek out its potential...so you’ll be even faster once you get it all revised.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just thought of this, since a lot of people (including myself) are battling with a P1CEA code from an aftermarket intake. Is it a possibility to simply plug the evap connection coming off the intercooler and get rid of the CEL with a tune? I'm pretty sure I've had a similar thing done on cars that I've built in the past. Is that the same concept as the "boost leak fix" that the 500 guys always talk about? I'd definitely go for this option if it's a possibility.

Edit: I know there's probably a lot more that goes into this, like potentially having to make the whole evap system vent to atmosphere. I'm basically just wondering if such a thing is possible. It would get rid of a lot of clutter in the engine bay, and less stuff to break. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
The boost assist is needed to help purge the charcoal canister.

Dan
I'm assuming the intake vacuum alone would not provide sufficient vacuum to purge the charcoal canister. What if, for argument's sake someone wanted to remove the charcoal canister altogether and vent the gas tank to atmosphere (for offroad use only, of course), which is commonly done in a lot of high horsepower car builds. I know this was very popular in the Subaru community. IIRC, someone who shall not be named was talking about removing the canister from his car. Is that something that's feasible on this car, and could a tune turn off the CEL that would undoubtedly be thrown?

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Abarth
7 Posts
I can’t agree with EC being the slower more conservative tune and All I do is race the car . I tracked phase 1 with no Intercooler and no intake and the car was a force out there passing all sorts of much faster, track prepped cars . Now I’m tracking with phase 2 and my low end power is perfect and top end pulls very hard . I raced my pops Miata ND which is stock & it beat me when I was stock, now my car ran so far away from it looked like he wasn’t trying , so phase 1 & 2 Are both plenty fast .

Here is a driver of an S2000 I ran with commenting about my car being stupid fast after he had the chance to run with me in the same run group on a faster track with plenty long straights getting me into 5th gear .

Any way I love that more people are getting into tracking their cars , and hopefully we all get out together , race them and have fun VS chopping speculations up on the forum .

If anyone is interested in a ride along to experience EC phase 2 on the track id be more then happy to arrange as I’m out there monthly for my therapy sessions ?

EC has and retains my vote for all my tuning needs due to unmatched customer service & a **** of a fast product.
Thank You Sir. I'm waiting on my Stage 2 tune from EC. Can't wait to see the difference!!!

181 - 195 of 195 Posts