Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our useless owner's manual says "4. After tightening the lug nuts, have them checked with a torque wrench by your authorized dealer or service station to verify correct tightness."

Really?

So does anyone know the official spec?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
65 - 87 ft.-lb.
Wow, that's quite an allowable range. I had tightened them to 85 but was thinking of going to 95 since I don't have centering rings on the wheels I'm installing. Glad I stopped and checked. I'll leave them at 85 then.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I visited my dealer (Startins, Redditch the other day and asked them for the correct tightening torque for the wheel nuts and they stated: 100 to 140 Newton-Meters.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Also, aftermarket wheels have their own recommendations. I noted 80 ft-lb as a midpoint for my Enkei pf01's, and that's where they are. I don't recall the torque range for those wheels.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I visited my dealer (Startins, Redditch the other day and asked them for the correct tightening torque for the wheel nuts and they stated: 100 to 140 Newton-Meters.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. So that's 74-103 ft.-lbs from the dealer and the 65-87 ft.-lbs from ameridan, which is likely the published spec. Taking just the overlap of 74-87 ft.-lbs. seems safe. I'm going to keep them at 85 ft.-lbs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, aftermarket wheels have their own recommendations. I noted 80 ft-lb as a midpoint for my Enkei pf01's, and that's where they are. I don't recall the torque range for those wheels.
I never found any published data on the Enkei's I got.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was in a pamphlet that came with the wheels.
That probably went into the recycling bin from the place that I bought the wheels and tires from. I just tossed them in the back of my hatch and didn't think of asking for any of that stuff. Oh well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What size are the Lugs on the Spider? My sockets don't go large enough and I want to purchase a goo 6 point socket.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
21mm. I have a 1/2 impact socket I keep in my emergency tool kit to use with a breaker bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts