Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am trying to find touch up paint for my Australian delivered 2017 Abarth 124 Spider, the colour code is A7V, color name Costa Brava 1972 Red, in the US market it is called Rosso. Has anyone had any luck getting touch up for this colour and if so what have the results been like?
Thanks, Raymond

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you can't find touch up paint in a normal retail format you can get a local auto paint supplier to put some in a 100 or 250 ml tin.

Kind of kludgey but gets the job done till the maintream aftermarket catches up with touch up pens and mini brushes.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Touch Up Paint Costa Brava 1972 Red Rosso

I found this US supplier, and used their Rosso. Its a good match, however I was painting a red lower lip, and it doesn't actually need to lay next to existing painted parts.
The kit I bought included primer, color coat, and clear coat. I was happy with how it went on, and the outcome as well. Note the code listed is different than A7V, but my door code is also A7V.

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/?tud_type=2&tud_brand=20&tud_model=2903&tud_year=2017
Here is the firm I used: http://www.paintscratch.com/

It came back with a code on the spray can: 2017 Fiat Rosso KR1. Inventory # 665978. I used it to paint my Black Stubby Antenna shown in the attached picture. I think it's a reasonably good match. They suggested adding a clear coat which I did not do.

QUESTION: Does anyone know the color code or where touch up paint can be obtained for the 124 Spider Abarth windshield outside bezel and mirror caps. My local Studio Parts Manager is doing some research on FCA/Mopar but has only found a paint name of Gun Metallic for these two parts. Please let me know if you find anything as I already have a stone chip I would like to touch up on the windshield bezel.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts