Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emailed my Fiat dealer in Slough today and asked what the order nos was for a Bronze paint stick to touch up any blemishes. Fiat don't do any!!..... really? 'Contact the body/paint shop' was not really the answer I was looking or hoping for. Is this a Fiat thing not to provide touch up paints or more general amongst manufacturers now?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
i order a set through these guys. took a few days. but the kit works well and matches. (it is white after all) lol

www.PaintScratch.com

Paint: Artic White 163/RWE

-----------------------------------------------------------

1 1/2 oz. Basecoat Paint Pen @14.95 $14.95
1 1/2 oz. Clearcoat Paint Pen @8.29 $8.29
1 2 oz. Rubbing Compound (Cutting Creme) @3.75 $3.75
1 2 oz. Acrylic Lacquer Thinner @1.95 $1.95

------------------------------------------------

Total Handling: $ 6.95
-----------------------------------------

Grand Total: $ 35.89

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you Steve - so it seems I need to speak to Mazda armed with
Bronzo Magnetico | Metallic Bronze Metallic
201/B/RDF 945845 | PUL QUL 399B

as they don't do Bronze in the Mazda range it will be interesting to see what they come up with

·
Registered
638 Posts
thank you Steve - so it seems I need to speak to Mazda armed with
Bronzo Magnetico | Metallic Bronze Metallic
201/B/RDF 945845 | PUL QUL 399B

as they don't do Bronze in the Mazda range it will be interesting to see what they come up with
The Mazda 3 is available in Bronze here in Canada. Also beware 124 Bronze color is different than the 124 Abarth Bronze trim.

That could explain why there's two Bronze color paint code at the referenced link:

1. 201/B/RDF 945845 | PUL QUL 399B
2. PUM 400C

Which one is Abarth trim Bronze / Fiat 124 Bronze metallic? I still don't know :laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys - can we revisit this touch up paint/stick business. -- magnetic bronze Dec 2017 Lusso plus. Registered in the UK. Can anyone guide where to get a decent place to rid of any annoying stone chip. Bronze seems to show up blemishes very markedly!
I have no idea what these guys are like

but even when inputting the colour brown/bronze we get 2 options !

https://colorndrive.com/gb/touch-up...-matt-magnetic-bronze-met-400c,160048/details

https://colorndrive.com/gb/touch-up...bronzo-magnetico-met-opaco-pum,160049/details

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
i order a set through these guys. took a few days. but the kit works well and matches. (it is white after all) lol

www.PaintScratch.com

Paint: Artic White 163/RWE

-----------------------------------------------------------

1 1/2 oz. Basecoat Paint Pen @14.95 $14.95
1 1/2 oz. Clearcoat Paint Pen @8.29 $8.29
1 2 oz. Rubbing Compound (Cutting Creme) @3.75 $3.75
1 2 oz. Acrylic Lacquer Thinner @1.95 $1.95

------------------------------------------------

Total Handling: $ 6.95
-----------------------------------------

Grand Total: $ 35.89
Mike that is the same kit I have as well, except mine is bright red A7V. I have yet to try it, any problems applying it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The dealer told you they don't have touch up? LOL
I'd give you the one that Fiat mailed to me as a thank you for purchasing the car if it was the right paint code.
Funny thing is, the one they sent me isn't my paint color either!
It's silver and my car is black.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It's a pain in the A$$ to apply.

The paint pen tends to run and drip. So you gotta be cautious with that aspect and of course you it depends on the size of the chip. You may have to build it up and sand it. That then leads to issues with the surrounding paint. (when sanding)

It comes down ...its a paint stick.

It won't be easy and won't ever really look good as the factory spray coverage. But its better then nothing.

aloha mike

Reactions: CDPond and jetlag

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It's a pain in the A$$ to apply.

The paint pen tends to run and drip. So you gotta be cautious with that aspect and of course you it depends on the size of the chip. You may have to build it up and sand it. That then leads to issues with the surrounding paint. (when sanding)

It comes down ...its a paint stick.

It won't be easy and won't ever really look good as the factory spray coverage. But its better then nothing.

aloha mike
Agree. It's a "better than a big metal paint chip" solution. Lesser of 2 evils. I've had a bit of luck applying it via tooth pick. Dab wet paint pen on the tip of a toothpick and apply.
I got that trick from a paint guy

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Agree. It's a "better than a big metal paint chip" solution. Lesser of 2 evils. I've had a bit of luck applying it via tooth pick. Dab wet paint pen on the tip of a toothpick and apply.
I got that trick from a paint guy
The back of a match from a book of matches works well too.

Thats awesome @BillaVista Mahalo!

aloha mike

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine is a very small chip on the nearside front wing - but it catches my eye - really keen to get the right bronze colour hue. Find it weird that Fiat don't stock anything. Its not as if the type of person who is attracted to this type of car is likely to be cavalier about blemishes like this - what do I know? - anyways ANY advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rang Fiat today - apparently Fiat paint sticks are not ready yet because they are yet to comply with EU rulings - Excuse or what. Told me to ring Morrello's in High Wycombe. They do the colour in aerosols . Magnetic Bronze. Colour code 201b . However did warn me that even squirting the paint onto another surface and then applying with toothpick or whatever is unlikely to give the finish desired - as it is designed to be applied differently and with laquer. so in a quandary. I ordered aerosol anyway

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Go to Ameridan's blog site to identify your paint code:
https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/specs/#paint
Then, the outfit I purchased my pens from is:
https://touchupdirect.com/

I purchased a pack that consisted of the paint pen, and a clearcoat pen. If you search by car manufacturer Fiat and then year and 124 Spider, you may well not find your paint code... but if you use the equivalent Mazda paint code (from Ameridan's blog (above), you'll be able to find the proper matches.

Yes, a touch-up doesn't look great, but it looks better than the rust spot that will begin to form if you don't do it.

Reactions: ameridan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah the first place I looked was Ameridan's blog but all I can find is a QKM paint code for the matte black and Google gives me literally nothing on it. The chip is less than 1mm in diameter but since the paint underneath is white it's a very obvious chip. I might just use some generic matte finish by Duplicolor but I hear it's not too dark.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Yeah the first place I looked was Ameridan's blog but all I can find is a QKM paint code for the matte black and Google gives me literally nothing on it. The chip is less than 1mm in diameter but since the paint underneath is white it's a very obvious chip. I might just use some generic matte finish by Duplicolor but I hear it's not too dark.
Perhaps try this outfit: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/fiat/2016/all-models/

It doesn't show up on their page for Fiat paint either, but they have a 1.800 number and state that if you don't see your colour code listed to call them. A free call, so it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. I know from model building that matte black has far more variations than one could imagine. If that fails, then as much as I hate to suggest it, perhaps contact Fiat Customer "lack of" Care and ask them for a source. The heritage stripe is painted on the vehicles upon arrival in the States, so if they're painting them they must have paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts